Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ludicrous Upgrade Scheduling?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For accuracy, I have not yet been contacted, which I found odd. Since my post, I have learned I was in fact 3rd on the Rockville list, not 1st as I had previously thought (which is amazing because I emailed the SC during the press call!) It looks like one possibility is that rather than a sort based on time between Tyco and Rockville, that the Rockville list was appended to the end of the Tyco list. This is just my guess based on observation.

Since I live roughly equidistant from 5 service centers I picked Philadelphia/Devon for my upgrade. Looks like I should've picked DC which is about the same distance away. Oh well... Ludicrous mode and icy roads don't really mix. I will continue to wait patiently for both spring and Luda mode.

Back to the original thread topic of "Ludicrous Upgrade Scheduling"...

I just got great news from Tesla: They called to tell me I'm #1 on the list for a Ludicrous upgrade to my P85D at the Tysons Corner, Virginia (Tyco Rd.) Tesla service center in the DC metro area. I'm now scheduled for a Ludicrous upgrade next week January 5th. Tesla is flying in technicians from California to teach the local VA techs how to perform the upgrade, and my car will be the first upgraded at my local service center. Apparently this trip by CA techs was scheduled at the last minute, so I'll be given a free Enterprise rental car (instead of a Tesla loaner) during the upgrade procedure, which may take multiple days.

Might this be one of the first Ludicrous upgrades performed outside of Fremont?

Can't wait...

Update us and let us know how it goes! Can't wait to get it done.

Yes, I got up early this morning, drove my P85D in rush hour traffic to the Tyson's Corner, VA service center with 15 degF temps, dropped it off with the service advisor for the scheduled Ludicrous install, got my Enterprise rental car, and guess what?

The service center just called to tell me the the CA techs that were to arrive were "no-shows" today; there was some mis-communications or misunderstanding between the service center and the factory. So I get to return the rental and get my car back this afternoon with no Ludicrous. I went to some effort to make sure my car was less than 30% charged when dropped off this morning.

So I'm rescheduled to repeat the drill for next Tuesday the 12th. At least I won't be the east coast "guinea pig" anymore; it now appears LetsGoFast will be the first install at Tysons on Monday the 11th.

Bummer...

Yes, I got up early this morning, drove my P85D in rush hour traffic to the Tyson's Corner, VA service center with 15 degF temps, dropped it off with the service advisor for the scheduled Ludicrous install, got my Enterprise rental car, and guess what?

The service center just called to tell me the the CA techs that were to arrive were "no-shows" today; there was some mis-communications or misunderstanding between the service center and the factory. So I get to return the rental and get my car back this afternoon with no Ludicrous. I went to some effort to make sure my car was less than 30% charged when dropped off this morning.

So I'm rescheduled to repeat the drill for next Tuesday the 12th. At least I won't be the east coast "guinea pig" anymore; it now appears LetsGoFast will be the first install at Tysons on Monday the 11th.

Bummer...

Yeah, it's a bit tricky for me to get to 30% given that my commute is a bit more than 20% each way in cold weather. I was a bit surprised to get the call so close to the go date, but I have to admit you got it worse than I did. I admit it seemed fine for someone else to be the first remote install...

And I still haven't heard a thing from Tysons. So odd.

When I went to pickup my car today (without the Ludicrous install originally scheduled for today, now postponed until next week), I was told how fortunate I was to be one of only 5 owners who were getting the initial installation at the Tyson's service center. They mentioned that there's actually a much larger group of local P85D owners who have not yet been scheduled.

It's fine, I'll get called eventually. I'm sure it's related to being on the Rockville list instead of Tysons. Over the summer I was told the upgrades would likely be done at Rockville, so that's what I picked. Tysons is actually more convenient for me.