Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ludicrous Upgrade Scheduling?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Car ready for pickup.

Well car was ready for pickup. The upgrade was complete and fully charged. However, when I got in to leave the SC I got the message "Driver Assist Unavailable Contact Tesla". So I walked back in and they tried to recalibrate the sensor but could not do it. Said it would take about an hour to install a new one and did I want to wait. It was about 4 so I said sure. At a little after 5 I get a message on my phone that "software failed to download". Couple minutes later service adviser comes out and tells me they can't download the firmware for the autopilot and don't know what the problem is. I can take the car and the Ludicrous is working but won't have the autopilot. Since they don't know what is causing the problem they might not be able to fix it on Monday. I live about an hour from the SC so decided to take a loaner again. When I got home at about 6:30 my phone has a message that "software download completed" @5:51. Since they are now closed I don't know if they got it fixed or not. So I still haven't been able to see what Ludicrous will do.

Well car was ready for pickup. The upgrade was complete and fully charged. However, when I got in to leave the SC I got the message "Driver Assist Unavailable Contact Tesla". So I walked back in and they tried to recalibrate the sensor but could not do it. Said it would take about an hour to install a new one and did I want to wait. It was about 4 so I said sure. At a little after 5 I get a message on my phone that "software failed to download". Couple minutes later service adviser comes out and tells me they can't download the firmware for the autopilot and don't know what the problem is. I can take the car and the Ludicrous is working but won't have the autopilot. Since they don't know what is causing the problem they might not be able to fix it on Monday. I live about an hour from the SC so decided to take a loaner again. When I got home at about 6:30 my phone has a message that "software download completed" @5:51. Since they are now closed I don't know if they got it fixed or not. So I still haven't been able to see what Ludicrous will do.

oh man, sorry there's been so many issues with your car. Hope you get it back tomorrow.

thanks for the updates everyone. quick question for those that have scheduled or completed upgrades.

do they give flexibility in date selection or is it a decree that they have chosen a date. I'm 6 hours out of the service center that will do the upgrade so need to plan accordingly.

When I had mine done at Fremont, they seemed flexible with dates. I couldn't make the first date available last November, and got another one a week (or maybe it was two) later.

Ludicrous upgrade complete! Second one performed at the fantastic St. Louis (University City) SC. The upgrade took less than a day, charged overnight, with a final test drive in the morning before I picked it up. Noticeably better acceleration at speed. Loaner provided. Was told that the upgrade kits are car specific. The battery gets a new sticker that is matched to the VIN number of the car.
Great news. I'm getting mine done there on Tuesday.

How did you request the change? I need to do similar.

Yes, Centinela called and wanted to setup an appointment and I asked if Burbank can do it as I am closer and they said yes. Back in December they wanted to do my upgrade but I was not available. They had a couple of engineers at that time and they wanted to do it but I couldn't. I asked at that time if I can do it at Burbank but they had told me no at that time but I asked again today and they said ok.