Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ludicrous Upgrade Scheduling?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bellevue Service Center, 3/7-3/8
View attachment 114292

Only driven it for ~30 min but already feels faster. Placebo perhaps.

TesS: P85 Sig. | Mercury: Petunia ate five donuts.
Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship
PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

Is your sig out of date or was this a truly ludicrous upgrade ? :tongue:

I'm up next week, wait sucks but at least I know I'm not the first.

I called the Torrance CA SC today to ask about any scheduling since I have not heard anything, and I made a deposit the day the website offered the upgrade. They said parts were to be delivered on 17 March and since we were talking they would be glad to schedule me. Unlike me, they were not surprised by the coincidence. I said I did not think I wanted to be first, although their "shop foreman" had been trained, and that I would call back on the 18th to schedule an appt.
I called back about 10 min later, and understand I'll be their first on the 18th.

$500. Then nothing apparently because of the communication vacuum. I'll start calculating the opportunity cost on the $500 soon.

*edit: without this thread giving me some sort of info I would've either forgotten that I paid $500 or given up by now. So.. Thank you fellow upgraders for keeping us interested.

All I can say about my new Lubricious P85DL upgrade is wow ..... smooth power in the mid range ..... take off just goes .... they did it in one day no problems .... wonderful service ....... :)

I had the pleasure of driving a 2015 Model S P90DL over the weekend. That ludicrous just keeps accelerating until you chicken out, constant g's :) Took us from full stop standstill to 90 in about 5 seconds.

So I'm in at the Torrance CA SC; they first said one day, when I dropped the car it had become 2 days. Maybe because this is the first upgrade at this SC. Don't know if that's expectation management, or real, but they did get started today as I can no longer connect to the car. Interestingly the shop foreman had no upgrade specific training, nor were techs brought in from elsewhere; he said the upgrade is now a "service bulletin".

Another successful upgrade completed by Bellevue (WA) Service Center. Took 2 days / 1 night. Since the car battery work was not completed by night, it helped to have the dual chargers to get the car charged quicker for the SC test drive before they can release the car.