Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LV hiking insurance prices again

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Prices are definitely getting way higher. I original took a quote in June as thats when I was expecting my car and had quotes of £700 which was fine for me, higher than my current car but for a MY I was okay with it. Now looking at quotes again as I got a delivery text and getting quotes of £1000-£2500 absolutely bonkers that its gone up by that much. DirectLine which was the cheapest last time at £700 is now £2500, Hastings is the cheapest at the moment just under £1000, its not even about affordability, its just them trying to get more profits as theres been no major change in the past 2 months for it to increase that dramatically.

Prices are up everywhere, I don't see why Insurance being up is such a shock. If costs of repairs are on the rise then that will be reflected in Insurance prices. Stock markets tanking also mean the returns Insurers get on the premiums are also down, all of this is passed on to the consumer.

The only way prices are kept low is through competition, so vote with your feet. Always, always shop around.

I do avoid the black box insurers and the unknowns, so won't just go with the cheapest, but I cant remember the last time I renewed with an insurer in the recent past, always pays to shop around.

I get prices are up everywhere, I guess I just can’t comprehend how badly things have gone in the past 7 weeks to justify a 3.5x increase.

I agree, I’ve not renewed with any insurance company in the past 15+ years for the pure fact that new customers get better prices. And definitely don’t want to have a black box, I’ve already signed up with Admiral because it was a tiny bit more than the lowest quote I had got.

My post was more out of shock and frustration at how much it has changed in a short amount of time.

This is an utterly ridiculous situation. No windscreens so people are waiting months for replacement, and God forbid you need a replacement panel… I’m surprised it’s not hitting headlines. Surely an easy target for bears?
Wife parked on a bollard in march. Awaiting new panel (left side doors in one module) somes from shanghai. Fix date expected first week of sept. Least my white m3 looks different to the others. £7k repair cost predicted. 3mph accident. Motor torqued up and bolllard went into it like hot knife onto butter on the b pillar.

Wife parked on a bollard in march. Awaiting new panel (left side doors in one module) somes from shanghai. Fix date expected first week of sept. Least my white m3 looks different to the others. £7k repair cost predicted. 3mph accident. Motor torqued up and bolllard went into it like hot knife onto butter on the b pillar.
presumably no courtesy car from march-sept? someone reversed into me on the corner of the bumper and arch + wheel. repair bills est. £7k waiting for third party to respond - said no to credit repair + credit hire as no one i know has used that service

Dreading my next insurance renewal. Stupidly dinged the back, reversing into my own house (I know, I know… first accident and two years after getting the M3, too!). Car was collected on 28th of February… I’m still waiting… tempted to just ask if the insurance can write it off. Paying for a lease and petrol for the courtesy car is horrific.

Honestly, I don’t think I’ll be getting a Tesla again. Autopilot is nice when it’s not trying to throw me through the windscreen and their charging network is open to other manufacturers. ENiro will be the next one.

Dreading my next insurance renewal. Stupidly dinged the back, reversing into my own house (I know, I know… first accident and two years after getting the M3, too!). Car was collected on 28th of February… I’m still waiting… tempted to just ask if the insurance can write it off. Paying for a lease and petrol for the courtesy car is horrific.

Honestly, I don’t think I’ll be getting a Tesla again. Autopilot is nice when it’s not trying to throw me through the windscreen and their charging network is open to other manufacturers. ENiro will be the next one.
look for insurance companies which will actually give you a tesla when being repaired

presumably no courtesy car from march-sept? someone reversed into me on the corner of the bumper and arch + wheel. repair bills est. £7k waiting for third party to respond - said no to credit repair + credit hire as no one i know has used that service
well i continued to drive it until the parts arrived and eventually could ignore all the sniggers from everyone who saw it. actual repair took 2 weeks.