Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LV insurance hike - quick sense check

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's insurance time again and LV have hiked around £155 to £565 - this is for a MYP 2023. I know insurance prices have gone up and it's a minefield but I guess that's par for the course at the moment? A quick run through the comparison sites suggests over £700!

Anything I'm missing or just grin and bear it and press the button? I'll make the usual call to try and get a bit off but looks like I'm probably stuck with it? We're both long term drivers, decent area and no claims for a good while.

Cheers

I think you will find that this sub-forum is full of people who would actually sell their mothers to get insurance price below 1k...
That's what I thought. I made the annual call back and got a £30 reduction - the guy didn't even have to think, he just applied it. A great illustration of the insurer gouging every last quid they can get. So looks like LV again then. The reasons given were a) increased theft (BS) b) parts monopoly and huge repair costs c) "everything's gone up sir" :)

And my MTB insurance is looking like it will be a £300 shot as well, ah the joys....

I’m afraid the whole sector has seen a large increase, it’s not just Tesla’s or BEVs. My mates seen a 75% increase on his Kia Sportage MHEV.

Still……..

At least wages are going up to 🤣🤣😬😞☹️☹️☹️☹️

I mean - regardless you alwasy do a compare or two and check direct line/churchill if necessary. Then call back and haggle down if you prefer where you are.

I thought they weren’t allowed to offer different prices to new/renew customers now? but they still appear to.

anyway check every year and if they’re all high, sigh and suck it up

Mine went up from £600 to £900 for an SR+ 71 plate.

LV have never really been interested in insuring me, they are never competitive with the likes of Direct line and admiral who usually come out cheapest.

My LV quote for my M3P has increased from £386 to £665, and if I remove my wife from the policy (who would only drive it in an emergency), the price goes up to £886. This is crazy.
My 2019 M3LR quote has gone up in a similar way. I have obtained quotes from several comparison sites and Direct Line, and LV= is still extremely competitive, if not still cheapest. Disappointing.

Direct Line quoted me £3200…
3x my current price. 9+y NCD, own driveway, (but London)

You guys have it good
But your house is in London...

sometimes-maybe-good-sometimes-maybe-bad.gif

Can't remember the last time I paid £585 for my car insurance, never mind less than that. I haven't paid less than ~£880 since I got the car, and it has gone up most years despite not having any accidents or claims.

What gives, it doesn't seem that it is just Teslas that are having price hikes. Looks like I will have to suck it up. I'll be renewing next month and will post final value. I'm in rural location, car is garaged and full NCD.
This is true but I’ve also ran equivalent quotes on the following:
EV6
Polestar 2
Mach e
Ionic V

They were all roughly £600

My 3 SR+ was £900 and running it on a Model Y LR was £1200.

As much as insurance has gone up across the board, there is no escaping that there IS an insurance issue with Tesla’s at the moment.