Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 AWD Non-perf thinks it's perf??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
My Sept 2018 M3 AWD Non-perf shows the performance red underline in the mobile app and in car display. I noticed when I took delivery and the salesperson said they'd ask (never heard back). It didn't seem a big deal until the acceleration boost option became available. I don't have the option available on-line or any "upgrades" in the mobile app. I emailed Tesla support but didn't hear back.

Last year before the 5% boost updates, I hand-timed 0-60 at 3.95. Any ideas to tell if I have the non-perf software limits (aside from a dyno run)? I don't need this car to go any faster, just curious.

Any other dual motor M3's have this issue?

aside: is track mode normally available for non-perf? It's available on mine.

Hello,
My Sept 2018 M3 AWD Non-perf shows the performance red underline in the mobile app and in car display. I noticed when I took delivery and the salesperson said they'd ask (never heard back). It didn't seem a big deal until the acceleration boost option became available. I don't have the option available on-line or any "upgrades" in the mobile app. I emailed Tesla support but didn't hear back.

Last year before the 5% boost updates, I hand-timed 0-60 at 3.95. Any ideas to tell if I have the non-perf software limits (aside from a dyno run)? I don't need this car to go any faster, just curious.

sounds like you have a performance model. Or at least performance software.

red underline = performance
Track mode = performance

Reactions: Msjulie
Looks like a stealth performance model. I have one of those too :D

Attachments

• DEC8D45D-8CF4-4B31-9972-21835B96C6FF.jpeg
    DEC8D45D-8CF4-4B31-9972-21835B96C6FF.jpeg
    139.4 KB · Views: 127
Reactions: lottadot
92F05259-169A-4B57-9528-4DAA6F247475.jpeg You have the performance stealth! I have one as well. It’s basically a long range dual motor model with performance software upgrade! If you have track mode as well, it’s definitely a performance model!

if you have your window sticker, it should say model 3 performance. Mine did at least...

Last edited:
A few of us discussed this in the acceleration boost thread. At least one other besides mine appear to be stealth P’s. 10/18 build with the red underline, chill and sport acceleration modes, and track mode. Discovered it in the same way looking for the acceleration boost option and not finding it. Tesla support told me perf options are enabled on my car. After confirming, I stopped asking questions

Hello,

so you paid for model 3 long range AWD and it looks like you got performance one aka stealth aka P3d- ? That’s awesome. Quit contacting Tesla and enjoy your nice jam. Some might wonder what rear motor your got. Likely 980 as your got it September, 18 when there was the same motor in AWD and performance. Go tear up some tires now.

It's amazing how unmotivated we become to solve problems like these. :p

Like once Dyson refunded my visa for the amount I spent on their robotic vacuum cleaner. It was a complete waste of money as I replaced it with a Roomba within a month. But, I didn't ask for the refund. I simply put the Dyson on my top floor and hoped that it would kill itself by falling down the stairs. It never has.

I tried calling them on multiple occasions to get them to take the money back. I figured they eventually would, and I wanted to be preemptive to resolve the issue.

They never did, and they basically treated me like I was nutty.

Yep, I was also pleasantly surprised to find I'm in the same boat. September 2018 delivery. Paid for AWD, non-P and received a P3D- with red underline and track mode. I also discovered this when I started to research the acceleration boost and realized I didn't have the option.

I always thought the car felt faster than what was advertised, but I thought it must have been my imagination.

Go out and enjoy!

View attachment 504073 You have the performance stealth! I have one as well. It’s basically a long range dual motor model with performance software upgrade! If you have track mode as well, it’s definitely a performance model!

if you have your window sticker, it should say model 3 performance. Mine did at least...
Yeah in this case I would keep my head down and not say a mumbling word about it. I think however it’d be fun to have a configuration available where you can “downgrade” at will to any trim level same or below your purchased at will for a specific drive or set to a pin.

Does the Performance model not have an acceleration boost upgrade option? I know it's fast already but I thought it would have this option. My plan is to get the Long Range AWD with accel boost...if I don't luck out and get the Performance software by a fortunate mistake. :D