Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 is a BMW, people

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since we seem to be on the topic of things in this forum that annoy us, I’ll add my three:

1) Can you stop referring to Tesla dealerships. They don’t have any folks, never had.
2) Can you stop using the term EAP. I’m constantly guessing whether you are talking about Enhanced Auto Pilot or Early Access Program.
3) Can you stop hitting the disagree button when you don’t agree with something I wrote and actually take the time to explain what it is you don’t agree with me on.

Yeah, I know I’m going to get a bunch of disagree votes on the last one. Whatever.

I'm with you, I called it a T3. Give respect to those that came before. Only dorks will call their Tesla Model 3 a M3.

The first M3 I notice was in 1990 and a chic driving one. It had the flared rear fenders and I dreamed about it for a long time. No way i could even afford or come close to one. Something more realistic was the 328ci. Years later, I ended up with a used E39

Just use ///M3 to represent the slower one.
C633E443-61A3-40FF-8CBE-03C155B6B09E.jpeg

I don't want to be "that guy", but BMW has been making a very popular and successful car since 1986 called the M3. Many of you have owned one, I have owned 2. We simply can't refer to the Model 3 as the M3. It would be like Burger King coming out with a new hamburger and calling it the Big Mac. To this day every time someone refers to their M3 I think oh cool they have a M3, oh wait they're calling their Tesla an M3.

Someone has to come up with something different. I'm not the creative type, it won't be me.
For someone who doesn’t want to be “that guy”, you are doing a great impression of him. Speaking as a Tesla and BMW owner: so what? BMW has had their 50 years. They are no longer the ultimate driving machine.

Since we seem to be on the topic of things in this forum that annoy us, I’ll add my three:

1) Can you stop referring to Tesla dealerships. They don’t have any folks, never had.
2) Can you stop using the term EAP. I’m constantly guessing whether you are talking about Enhanced Auto Pilot or Early Access Program.
3) Can you stop hitting the disagree button when you don’t agree with something I wrote and actually take the time to explain what it is you don’t agree with me on.

Yeah, I know I’m going to get a bunch of disagree votes on the last one. Whatever.

1.) People can’t be bothered with those little nuances. Remember to have above average awareness, someone has to be below that average.
2.) Just assume EAP is enhanced auto pilot. Early access program is not really a thing. People get invited to it randomly and those who got it earlier like v10 was just a matter of days. Clearly not tangible for paying thousands upfront. Those who also got FSD through 4 referrals or whatever it was? Meaningless.
3.) I agree. Disagree button is lazy at best and passive aggressiveness bitch move at worst. Back up your dissent.

Someone had to do it....not that I actually disagreed :)

I enjoyed the production numbes showing Teslas incredible rise in production. Frankly since Tesla has produced many many more M3s than BMW who is the culprit...bmw, after all they are just a porsche wannabe and porsche is a tesla wannabe so at best bmw is a tesla wannabe once removed. A tesla wannabe once removed deserves little recognition and less sympathy. If you listen carefully you'll hear the worlds smallest violin playing a funeral dirge.

1.) People can’t be bothered with those little nuances. Remember to have above average awareness, someone has to be below that average.
2.) Just assume EAP is enhanced auto pilot. Early access program is not really a thing. People get invited to it randomly and those who got it earlier like v10 was just a matter of days. Clearly not tangible for paying thousands upfront. Those who also got FSD through 4 referrals or whatever it was? Meaningless.

Note, within Tesla themselves, they were using EAP for "Early Access Program".
I don't think they use EAP for "Enhanced Auto Pilot". Elon hates it when people make up acronyms about their stuff.

2019 deliveries get free AP/FSD upgrade, 2018 deliveries get nothing
"...Customers who previously purchased Full Self-Driving will receive an invitation to Tesla’s Early Access Program (EAP). EAP members are invited to experience and provide feedback on new features and functionality before they are rolled out to other customers..."
( ^^^ On the other hand it seems the above statement wasn't really true, and that blog post was later removed... )

EAP="Enhanced Auto Pilot" or "Early Access Program"