Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 LR acceleration boost (UK)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
refund desk.JPG

@Bigbruiseral - when I called DL the person on the phone didn't know what it was so they checked with a supervisor who asked if it made a physical difference to the car or just software. When I replied that it was just software they said OK, it would be noted on the policy.

Churchill (part of the same group as DL) said they would apply the same as DL once I informed them & it's mentioned on my policy alongside the 19" alloys & tow bar.

Both were perfectly happy that this is a standard manufacturer software upgrade (similarly Tesla also reduced 0.5 sec 0-60 as part of a previous fleet wide software upgrade). The software specification of all Teslas changes regularly so every vehicle is technically different to its 'as manufactured' state.
Thanks mate some good points there

We’ll I ended up keeping mine. The reality is though that whilst it’s quick, you do get used to it pretty quickly. I could defiantly handle a bit more… 😂. Btw for those interested my insurance company wanted over £50 more when I declared AB, and a bit more for the tints on the back windows, so if if so upgrade anything be sure your insurance company is aware and that you are happy with any extra cost.

Same car and on my Tesla app it appears above EAP

Strange, definitely not on mine currently, not on the app or the website portal. Does not show as already installed in the car. Running 2021.40.6 as the firmware, but from what I can understand it was available way before that.

I am missing USB ports and Wireless charging, possibly something to do with that, would seem quite unlikely though. May leave it overnight and try a restart tomorrow.