Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 LR acceleration boost (UK)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LR standard 324kw - 434hp
LR with AB (+50hp) - 484hp

Performance 377kw - 505hp

Is what Tesla told me.....

The V5C for an LR will show the motor max power possible (not necessarily what you actually have via the software) - i.e the LR motors can do 484hp but that's with AB.

Reactions: seadog
Mine is there, waiting for me to give in to temptation.....

But after 6 months I'm not sure I want it, the car is quick enough as it is.... any car where the back end can step out under power is quick, in my book.
Looking at your previous cars, you obviously enjoy driving...

So my recommendation would be NOT to get AB, because once you try it, there is no going back :p

That makes sense, quick as the LR is, I never thought it was quite 480+ hp quick
Law of diminishing returns come's into play.

I first had a 200hp hot hatch, then 300hp, then 400hp, then into the Tesla 434, then AB to 484hp.

For me it feels like once you get to North of 300bhp, you need a LOT more horsepower for pretty marginal gains on the road. It's more about how it feels through the speed ranges.

484hp vs 505hp was one of my reasons for going for LR-AB rather than a P. Much cheaper to lease, prefer the smaller wheels, apart from that, no difference and 21hp is basically nothing when you are at such high HP anyway.

Just stumbled across this. May be of interest to those with an interest in the acceleration boost.

Musk tweets ‘ok’ a lot so I wouldn’t hold your breath. Based on waypoints you need 3 ‘ok’ tweets and an ‘alright’ at a product launch before we get it :)

In a world where Volvo has a faster 0-60 time than Tesla, I feel AB is mandatory

You've posted a Model Y comparison in a M3 thread and come to the wrong conclusion. Well done.

• Funny
Reactions: btc1k and DM206433