Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 parked in EV spot ... but not charging!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Burlington, Ontario charger spot taken up by Model 3 but not charging!!! please don’t do this!!!

Attachments

• 07907736-F09A-4F48-808A-4B9202376120.jpeg
    07907736-F09A-4F48-808A-4B9202376120.jpeg
    273.9 KB · Views: 160
Reactions: Anto and Pescakl1
Yes but does the signage say “EV charging” or “EV parking” I have seen plenty of places where allows EV parking as a “premium” regardless of whether charging or not ...not exactly like there is a line of cars waiting to charge ...I don’t necessarily condone this but this is also not a super charger ;):eek::oops:

• Disagree
Reactions: ardee58 and TexasEV
We need to respect these spots as we expect others to. I hate showing up to charge and have the spots taken by non charging vehicles. Plus in Burlington they will ticket. Surprised to see that other M3 owners don’t see it as an issue.

Thanks for pointing this out. There are definitely 2 designated charging spots, as clearly seen by the twin J1772 feed outs. We do need to be vigilant about these "parking" spots - they are for charging not parking. Once the charge session is completed, move out Please!!! If we don't do it right, how can we expect ICE drivers to respect this rule? It should be enforced by everyone.

People forget, happens all the time at my office. Not something anyone makes a fuss about, I put this on about the same level as leaving ones lights on. If it’s a place that can I would ask them to announce so the guy can get some juice and not end up having to wait around.

Reactions: P85_DA
i'm guessing you didn't see the picture in this post. it clearly shows two ev charging spots. M3 parked in EV spot ... but not charging!
incorrect, I DID look at the picture, and you can see the spot that's empty has a giant pictograph in it indicating it's an EV spot, while if you look at the front, and under the car, there is no pictograph.

incorrect, I DID look at the picture, and you can see the spot that's empty has a giant pictograph in it indicating it's an EV spot, while if you look at the front, and under the car, there is no pictograph.
if you're talking about the first picture, it does have an ev logo under the white car, the angle the picture was taken though doesn't really show it that well. That's why the picture from post 6 (which was taken at the exact same spot) was posted here clearly showing both spots as for EV charging

I was at First Canadian Place this past Tuesday and I knew that when I was done I had about another 200km I would be driving that afternoon. I arrived at FCP with about 250km of range and I didn’t expect any of their EV spot s to be open. I think there were 6 in total. Surprisingly, there was one L2 charger available.

I plugged in for the 3.5 hours I was there and got up to about 375km in range, which is about 80% for me.

Of the 5 other spots taken, only the Volt was charging. Two Model S, one X and one Porsche, all parked in EV spots and NONE of them were even connected. That’s poor form as far as I am concerned.

When I left, all 5 cars still parked, only the Volt was connected. I got there at 9:30am and left at 1pm. Very disappointed to see those spots being hijacked for no apparent reason other than sheer laziness. I think the solution might be not to put the EV charging spots in the lazy locations. Put them far away where people who need to charge can charge.

I was at First Canadian Place this past Tuesday and I knew that when I was done I had about another 200km I would be driving that afternoon. I arrived at FCP with about 250km of range and I didn’t expect any of their EV spot s to be open. I think there were 6 in total. Surprisingly, there was one L2 charger available.

I plugged in for the 3.5 hours I was there and got up to about 375km in range, which is about 80% for me.

Of the 5 other spots taken, only the Volt was charging. Two Model S, one X and one Porsche, all parked in EV spots and NONE of them were even connected. That’s poor form as far as I am concerned.

When I left, all 5 cars still parked, only the Volt was connected. I got there at 9:30am and left at 1pm. Very disappointed to see those spots being hijacked for no apparent reason other than sheer laziness. I think the solution might be not to put the EV charging spots in the lazy locations. Put them far away where people who need to charge can charge.

Better yet, just ticket them. Easy.

People forget, happens all the time at my office. Not something anyone makes a fuss about, I put this on about the same level as leaving ones lights on. If it’s a place that can I would ask them to announce so the guy can get some juice and not end up having to wait around.
Agreed everyone is busy and distracted - FWIW the Tesla app has a setting to notify when charging is complete. Also setting a timer and/or alarm on your phone is helpful. Sometimes I use all three staggered to be as considerate as possible.