Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Steering Wheel Functionality

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People can argue anything they like...i can start a rumor that the model 3 flies -- that doesn't make it true or even probable. to my knowledge there is nothing that suggests the model 3 will have a different steering wheel aside from blind hope from people unhappy with the interior.

Many here argue that we HAVEN'T seen the steering wheel, but that aside adding labels is EASY, they could still do that.

yes, it is a help

"Select" and "Adjust" don't tell me anything about what actually happens when I spin the wheels. They would require watching the screen while operating, which is one of the things people were looking for. "Mode" and "Source" at least match the screen labels for those functions.

Either that or you just like to argue with people

You are arguing right back, so....

Seriously, I am trying to determine what people want and how best to meet that need, I don't have an agenda to argue for.

People can argue anything they like

Hence, the objection to people stating opinions as facts.

Thank you kindly.

• Disagree
Reactions: Big-T
(Bump.) Still looking for clarity on one interacts with the Model 3 autopilot. Any relevant insight since the delivery event?

1. TACC+AP engage: (Model S/X stalk: double pull); Model 3: gear lever down
2. TACC+AP cancel: (Model S/X stalk: push); Model 3: gear lever up ("D")
3. TACC +1/-1 mph (Model S/X stalk: small up/down); Model 3: right scroll wheel up + push?
4. TACC +5/-5 mph (Model S/X stalk: large up/down); Model 3: right scroll wheel up + push?
5. TACC following distance (Model S/X stalk: twist); Model 3: right scroll wheel menu option?

upload_2017-8-5_15-54-55.png