Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3OC's In-Depth Look Video (1:10hr long, very thorough)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
one thing that surprised me was the ability for the driver to adjust the front headlights. Why would this be an option? I've never owned a car with the ability to do this

If the car is heavily loaded you need to be able to lower the light aim point to keep from blinding other drivers. Some cars auto level.

Not that people care about other drivers being blinded going by the amount of people I see driving with misaimed lights in general, or their (also misaimed) fog lights on in clear weather

one thing that surprised me was the ability for the driver to adjust the front headlights. Why would this be an option? I've never owned a car with the ability to do this

It's mandatory in some regions. Cars with bright headlights have to adjust the front headlights automatically and they need headlight washers. For not so bright cars it's sufficient to adjust the light manually.

• Informative
Reactions: Model 3
and since that version is in lower e class territory already the comparison gets even worse.....

'e class territory' means absolutely nothing unless the buyer is trying to decide between a Model 3 and a similar spec ICE. I can guarantee for a majority of those of us here, ICE is not an option. To me, M3, A4, and e-class represents a bygone era technology and design-wise which is no longer appealing.

Glad to see the video posted. Much appreciation for the time they spent covering so many fan questions or concerns.

I fully understand the decisioning regarding the use of the single touchscreen and keeping things simple BUT when you pay $5,000 for the premium upgrade the rear passengers should have the ability to enable and set the rear seat heating without having to submit a request to the driver or passenger.

Maybe Tesla will let the passenger do it from their smartphones (sarcasm).

I hope I am wrong about this because if true it points to a decision to put cost savings above the need for basic switchgear. Where else has this type of rationalization been made in the Model 3?

Glad to see the video posted. Much appreciation for the time they spent covering so many fan questions or concerns.

I fully understand the decisioning regarding the use of the single touchscreen and keeping things simple BUT when you pay $5,000 for the premium upgrade the rear passengers should have the ability to enable and set the rear seat heating without having to submit a request to the driver or passenger.

I hope I am wrong about this because if true it points to a decision to put cost savings above the need for basic switchgear. Where else has this type of rationalization been made in the Model 3?

It has nothing to do with Model 3 simplification. You can spend $130K on a performance Model S or X and the rear seat passengers will still need to request that the driver turn on the rear seat heater.

People who matter don't sit in the back anyway, so let 'em freeze :)

I never expected the interior to compete with Audi’s and Mercedes but I don’t think I have ever been able to see the front seats rail from the back seat of any car. It just looks hideous IMO.

F3C39938-5D96-4D97-886C-DB31B46563D9.jpeg

I also don’t like the control of the wiper. Only 2 speeds for intermittent?? Really? Yeah I know there will be rain sensing in the future and there’s always over the air updates. I still would prefer the stalk have full control of the wipers.

I never expected the interior to compete with Audi’s and Mercedes but I don’t think I have ever been able to see the front seats rail from the back seat of any car. It just looks hideous IMO.

View attachment 256758

I also don’t like the control of the wiper. Only 2 speeds for intermittent?? Really? Yeah I know there will be rain sensing in the future and there’s always over the air updates. I still would prefer the stalk have full control of the wipers.

My $23K 2002 Toyota Camry had caps on the ends so no raw metal was exposed on the front seat rails. A stubbed toe waiting to happen.

You can either have seats that move forward & back, or a backseat with a view of no rails. Not both*

*at least not without extremely overengineering new rails, which would be a drastic waste of money for a non-issue.

You can either have seats that move forward & back, or a backseat with a view of no rails. Not both*

*at least not without extremely overengineering new rails, which would be a drastic waste of money for a non-issue.

It's just that the rails look very long to me. I guess the front seats can move way back that they have such long rails.
I just looked closely at my car and yes I could see the rails but they kinda blend in with the seat and the floor.
Also, my car has a bump in the middle which sort of hides the rails but the Model 3 has a flat floor. That makes them stand out. The rails are one of the first thing I noticed when I saw the back seats.

For Tesla Network, I think the app is also climate control. Perhaps that is the plan for rear passengers in not TN use also? (Many of whom would already have their phones out)
Could have low-access level Bluetooth pairing to multiple phones.

The Model S stalk control has the exact same 4 speed settings. Having it on the screen means it can be changed, the stalk is forever.

• Informative
Reactions: Model 3 and Topher
It's just that the rails look very long to me. I guess the front seats can move way back that they have such long rails.
I just looked closely at my car and yes I could see the rails but they kinda blend in with the seat and the floor.
Also, my car has a bump in the middle which sort of hides the rails but the Model 3 has a flat floor. That makes them stand out. The rails are one of the first thing I noticed when I saw the back seats.

Ew, a bump in the middle of the floor? Are you kidding? How can you call that a premium interior? ;)