Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P Comprehensive Brake Pad Option list

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gearchruncher

Sep 20, 2016
Seattle, WA
Wanted to start a list of brake pads that fit the stock M3P calipers, with approximate costs for a full front/rear set (As of June 2021):

OEM: $650
OEM Track Pack: $1,000

Alphabetical:

Carbotech: $440 - $600 (depending on compound)
Endless EX90: $750
Endless EX99: $830
G-LOC: $470 - $600 (depending on compound)
NRS: $320
Porterfield R4S: $480
Racing Brake XT910: $325
Racing Brake XT970: $440
Unplugged: $570 (supposedly a PFC compound, which one is unknown)

Wanted to start a list of brake pads that fit the stock M3P calipers, with approximate costs for a full front/rear set (As of June 2021):

Alphabetical:

I love endless brake pads.
What’s the part code for the endless ex90 brake pads that fit the performance 3 brake calipers?

do any other cars use the same calipers and pad size as the Tesla 3 performance?

Alphabetical:

Thank you so much for starting this list!

Wow - didn't realize the OEM pads were so expensive. Does anyone know the material (traditional semi-metallic?) used in the OEM pads? If I ever switched, I wouldn't mind a lower dusting pad for street use...of course need something with more bite for the track.

I've used Carbotech (XP line) and Porterfield pads (R4 and R4S) heavily in the past on other cars. I've also had good luck with budget Centric Posi-Quiet pads for light street use with little/no dusting. I know your list is performance oriented pads but wanted to throw these out there as well as they do supposedly exist for the model 3.

Wow - didn't realize the OEM pads were so expensive. Does anyone know the material (traditional semi-metallic?) used in the OEM pads? If I ever switched, I wouldn't mind a lower dusting pad for street use...of course need something with more bite for the track.
I had found one reference on the forum that the stock pads were $160 per axle, which was really reasonable! But I called my local parts department yesterday to order them and they were $330 per axle, not $160... While on the call I also asked pricing for the track pads. Hence, this list ;)

I've used Carbotech (XP line) and Porterfield pads (R4 and R4S) heavily in the past on other cars. I've also had good luck with budget Centric Posi-Quiet pads for light street use with little/no dusting. I know your list is performance oriented pads but wanted to throw these out there as well as they do supposedly exist for the model 3.
These are not meant to only be track/performance pads. The NRS pads are not advertised as performance. I cannot find any reference that Centric actually sells any pad for the M3P. Supposedly they are PN 105.61440 and 105.61500 per the Centric site, but no retailer carries these that I can find.

ENDLESS USA sometimes they use special code name for the brake pads

As I am based in Austrian those particular codes don’t work here.
Also what compound do those pads correspond to? MX72 or something else
0830686B-E9B3-4377-BF18-98CFA4477CAC.jpg

If someone can provide an exact measurement and preferably a picture as well of the M3P front brake pads I will be able to work out the correct Endless brake pad model number.

I need length and width and shape

many Thanks

If someone can provide an exact measurement and preferably a picture as well of the M3P front brake pads I will be able to work out the correct Endless brake pad model number.

many Thanks
The last time I enquired, Endless weren't selling the M3P pads outside of the U.S. I was going to try a set but gave up after speaking to their European and UK dealers. They are stupidly expensive in any case.

Appreciate your help but does anyone know the actual compound the US ENDLESS pads actually have?

the pic below is what endless sent me. These can be ordered in various compounds. Mx72 and N35S for example. Just wondering if these are the correct pads

C19B4C50-BD49-4B50-8D3A-29D5C2752A6C.jpeg
A04DDF66-8690-4453-85EE-02B925AE58F7.jpeg

many Thanks
Endless already has the pad shapes. I know someone in Hong Kong who has a set but in USA they have used their own "coding" and part #'s. If you speak with the Endless office in AUS they should be able to order it for you. To my knowledge in USA terms the EX90 = MX72?? and EX99 = CCrg.

Alphabetical:

There's also Cobalt Friction which is a reasonably priced pad but they deem them not "great" for the street due to potential noise. I have been sourcing XR2's and XR3's for some of my buddies. I have some XR2's to mate with my AP BBK and MPP rear kit.

• Informative
Reactions: gearchruncher
Endless is like $880 for EX99 and $750 for EX90. UP has released some very reasonably priced options from Performance Friction but I don't have any friends who have tested them yet. Cobalt prices did go up recently due to the cost of steel.
Yep, I have all those prices in the first post....
The huge winner right now in terms of cost is racing brake if that is a primary focus.
I wish UP would tell us what compound their PFC pads are.