Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P- . What is it, how to order it, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. I'll try to visit the store in person and hopefully I'll be able to find someone there willing to help. Honestly I would go with the P+ if I could replace the 20" for Teslas' 19"s. That is all I need but since that is no go, I have to find the P3D- unicorn. The guy also told me they don't recommend purchasing in a different state and drive it back because I would pay the sales tax twice. What a load of nonsense.

*update to all*

Car in hand and living it! :):D. I got exactly what I was wanting a MSM, 19s in a Stealth. I did indeed end up with the paint and wheels promo for free as well as 2k in super charging miles.

I look at the stealth options was only 200$ish after I get my tax rebate at the end of the year. Over all I got all my upgrades for basicly no cost at all. I'm super pumped and the OA that shall remain nameless *you know who you are:D* I thank you and ShiftKenny I owe you a thank you as well!

*update to all*

Car in hand and living it! :):D. I got exactly what I was wanting a MSM, 19s in a Stealth. I did indeed end up with the paint and wheels promo for free as well as 2k in super charging miles.

I look at the stealth options was only 200$ish after I get my tax rebate at the end of the year. Over all I got all my upgrades for basicly no cost at all. I'm super pumped and the OA that shall remain nameless *you know who you are:D* I thank you and ShiftKenny I owe you a thank you as well!

when did you order?

Trying to order P3D- in Seattle. I was just contacted by Tesla over the phone and was told there is 0 available in Washington state and to just order LR AWD. When I asked to move it from a different state I was told to go pound a sand. I'm left with a pretty bad first impression contacting Tesla.

Stuart McFall at the Littleton, CO store did a national search and found us quite a few P3D- vehicles, including the July 2019 P3D- red/black with 18" wheels vehicle I picked up in Bellevue, WA. I only had to choose between inventory location, miles (3 miles, some had a bit more), and production date. Delivery would have been $1000 so I chose to use my frequent flier miles to pop over to Seattle and drive the 800 miles home. I got to play with the vehicle on the return trip. This was mid-August so the inventory has changed, I imagine. Here is Stuart's contact email address: [email protected]. He also helped at least one other TMC member find a P3D-.

Last edited:
The guy also told me they don't recommend purchasing in a different state and drive it back because I would pay the sales tax twice. What a load of nonsense.

I usually end up buying my new vehicles out of state, where ever I get the best price for ICE or in this case what I wanted. Sales tax, of course, is based on the state where you register the vehicle, not where purchased. In Montana, we have no sales tax........

Right, so I researched this. You do have to pay CA sales tax even if registering out of state. In that case, don't buy a car in California you intend to register in another state unless your state has reciprocity, meaning will give you credit for CA sales tax paid, and/or has a lower sales tax than CA.

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier
Hi all,

first post! thank you all for the informative posts in the forum thus far.

My story: i picked up a P3D- 1.5 weeks ago, black w/ white interior (july build date). I actually didn't know what these were until I went to the showroom for a test drive(Tysons corner in DC). The SA asked me how soon I planned to make a purchase, and I said i was pretty serious since my older car was breaking down. He took me on a test drive in a "stealth". Honestly at first, I thought he was calling it "stealth" because he wanted to sell me a car from the lot! But during my test drive, my SA was super friendly, very knowledgeable about cars in general, and not trying to sell me a car but rather sell me on the Tesla experience.

After the test drive, he showed me the P3D- inventory list on his computer and telling me that these are very limited in stock, and only 2 car in stock (at the time) for the color combo i wanted . The rest is history...amazing car, just so fun to drive.

Silly question: On delivery, my car was missing the red line under the "dual motor" badge on the back of the car. Do you guys think it's important to ask Tesla to put it on? I have confirmed in the car software (screen and my phone) that I have the red line. I plan to keep the car for a while, guessing badging might only matter if i sell the car. just curious how others feel about the red line badge?

thx so much again to this forum, I've found a lot of information posts and very glad to be part of the tesla community!

Reactions: bhein73
Hi all,

first post! thank you all for the informative posts in the forum thus far.

My story: i picked up a P3D- 1.5 weeks ago, black w/ white interior (july build date). I actually didn't know what these were until I went to the showroom for a test drive(Tysons corner in DC). The SA asked me how soon I planned to make a purchase, and I said i was pretty serious since my older car was breaking down. He took me on a test drive in a "stealth". Honestly at first, I thought he was calling it "stealth" because he wanted to sell me a car from the lot! But during my test drive, my SA was super friendly, very knowledgeable about cars in general, and not trying to sell me a car but rather sell me on the Tesla experience.

After the test drive, he showed me the P3D- inventory list on his computer and telling me that these are very limited in stock, and only 2 car in stock (at the time) for the color combo i wanted . The rest is history...amazing car, just so fun to drive.

Silly question: On delivery, my car was missing the red line under the "dual motor" badge on the back of the car. Do you guys think it's important to ask Tesla to put it on? I have confirmed in the car software (screen and my phone) that I have the red line. I plan to keep the car for a while, guessing badging might only matter if i sell the car. just curious how others feel about the red line badge?

thx so much again to this forum, I've found a lot of information posts and very glad to be part of the tesla community!
That’s a pretty good question — I’m not sure if the red line is part of the Performance Upgrade Package (i.e. with the 20” wheels, modified suspension, spoiler, aluminum pedals and red brake calipers) or whether it comes with the base “All Wheel Drive Performance” option.

I think it would be part of the PUP, given the M3P- is nicknamed “stealth.”

That’s a pretty good question — I’m not sure if the red line is part of the Performance Upgrade Package (i.e. with the 20” wheels, modified suspension, spoiler, aluminum pedals and red brake calipers) or whether it comes with the base “All Wheel Drive Performance” option.

I think it would be part of the PUP, given the M3P- is nicknamed “stealth.”

Stealth are supposed to come with the red line. Get service to add it back for you

Reactions: JasonR67
illy question: On delivery, my car was missing the red line under the "dual motor" badge on the back of the car. Do you guys think it's important to ask Tesla to put it on? I have confirmed in the car software (screen and my phone) that I have the red line. I plan to keep the car for a while, guessing badging might only matter if i sell the car. just curious how others feel about the red line badge?
Stealth are supposed to come with the red line. Get service to add it back for you
Just as @Th003g said, the red underline badge is supposed to be included with the stealth cars.

I'd go back to the SC and have them either just give you the badge, or have them install it.

Last edited:
Reactions: JasonR67