Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P- . What is it, how to order it, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The bean counters at Tesla just gotta be watching the sales figures for the stealth, wouldn't you think? And every time they make a run of them, they sell as fast as they list them.

If/when they make another run of 'em, I'll be picking up a second one for my son.

Reactions: Cultgti
The bean counters at Tesla just gotta be watching the sales figures for the stealth, wouldn't you think? And every time they make a run of them, they sell as fast as they list them.

If/when they make another run of 'em, I'll be picking up a second one for my son.

For those of us who first learned of the Stealth Performance in August of 2019, can someone provide a synopsis of when this specification was available in the past? I have seen people refer to a time when it was available on-menu, possibly in summer 2018?

For those of us who first learned of the Stealth Performance in August of 2019, can someone provide a synopsis of when this specification was available in the past? I have seen people refer to a time when it was available on-menu, possibly in summer 2018?
Originally it used to be the base model of the performance trim, and the PUP (20" wheels, spoiler, lowered, pedals, whatever I forgot) was an extra option on top. You would order it normally online and select the PUP option if you wanted. The only catch (someone correct me if I'm wrong) was that aeros were the only option if not selecting PUP - that's why folks were surprised to see stealth cars this time around on 19's.

Originally it used to be the base model of the performance trim, and the PUP (20" wheels, spoiler, lowered, pedals, whatever I forgot) was an extra option on top. You would order it normally online and select the PUP option if you wanted. The only catch (someone correct me if I'm wrong) was that aeros were the only option if not selecting PUP - that's why folks were surprised to see stealth cars this time around on 19's.

Yup... that's pretty much it. It was $5000 to add the PUP as an option to the P3D- and turn it into the P3D+

Then I think roughly end of October 2018 Tesla decided to make the PUP 'standard' at no extra charge, and stop offering the P3D- at all for new configurations.

Which hugely pissed off all previous P buyers... leading to Elon offering to refund every P buyer $5000 if they gave up FUSC.

Just a heads up, I just cancelled my order for a black exterior/white interior P3D- yesterday. It is currently located in NY I believe. Probably the last white interior stealth Model 3 still available.

It was cancelled since apparently they are not shipping inventory vehicles >500 miles (no option to pay for shipping).

Reason for return? Curious what causes for not taking the car.

It's not a return, I never saw the car in person. After my OA put in the order he was told that they are currently not shipping cars >500 miles away. He was under the impression that they could ship it anywhere for extra $1000 but apparently not. I live in the midwest and the furthest out they could ship was to Pittsburgh (for free), which was still too far for me. It was too much of a headache, especially with needing to take time off work, figuring out how/where to trade my car in, risking getting a car with fit/finish issues, etc.

Did they have a grey color stealth with black interior?

So I was going to post earlier that Manhasset LI store had 2 MSM/Black P3d-, because my Delivery guy unatche me from one an matched me to the other, but when I went to pick mine up, they were already in the middle of delivering the other one.
LOL

Issues with mine:
NO Performance badge (red underline)
3" Hairline scratch dead center on front bumper
harline scratches on rear passenger door
Paint Imperfections that were clearcoated over on 4 panels and front bumper
Acid etchings
1 Inch scratch through paint on Passenger rocker panel
.5 inch ding on lip of rear hatch
Driver's side door chrome trim gap waay closer than passenger (between doors)
Ill fitting trunk gasket.
Piano black center console door scratches.
Scuff marks on Front passenger headlight
Charge door sticks out more than the other side ( i read that this will be denied because it is within spec)
Passenger door handle alignment sticks out a bit more than the others.
Frunk alignment is uneven left to right (probably "within SPEC")

I spent an hour going through the car before actually getting the in car training for my wife.

I brought my car home and my friend brought his over. He told me he didn't even bother to go over the car when he took delivery (His was white so it hides imperfections in paint really well)

Should I let Tesla try and fix the paint issues or just take it to a detailer/their authorized body shop?
I read that sometimes they make things worse.

So I was going to post earlier that Manhasset LI store had 2 MSM/Black P3d-, because my Delivery guy unatche me from one an matched me to the other, but when I went to pick mine up, they were already in the middle of delivering the other one.
LOL

Issues with mine:
NO Performance badge (red underline)
3" Hairline scratch dead center on front bumper
harline scratches on rear passenger door
Paint Imperfections that were clearcoated over on 4 panels and front bumper
Acid etchings
1 Inch scratch through paint on Passenger rocker panel
.5 inch ding on lip of rear hatch
Driver's side door chrome trim gap waay closer than passenger (between doors)
Ill fitting trunk gasket.
Piano black center console door scratches.
Scuff marks on Front passenger headlight
Charge door sticks out more than the other side ( i read that this will be denied because it is within spec)
Passenger door handle alignment sticks out a bit more than the others.
Frunk alignment is uneven left to right (probably "within SPEC")

I spent an hour going through the car before actually getting the in car training for my wife.

I brought my car home and my friend brought his over. He told me he didn't even bother to go over the car when he took delivery (His was white so it hides imperfections in paint really well)

Should I let Tesla try and fix the paint issues or just take it to a detailer/their authorized body shop?
I read that sometimes they make things worse.
That sucks! wow....have you identified the issues to your SA? Was this on the lot?