Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P- . What is it, how to order it, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Silly question: On delivery, my car was missing the red line under the "dual motor" badge on the back of the car. Do you guys think it's important to ask Tesla to put it on? I have confirmed in the car software (screen and my phone) that I have the red line. I plan to keep the car for a while, guessing badging might only matter if i sell the car. just curious how others feel about the red line badge?

Hey would you mind checking which motor you have in the back?

This is pretty solid proof that this car could have been delivered as a standard dual motor had you not purchased it as a performance.

My service advisor who I was working with to fix a few gap alignment issues basically told me off the record that the dual motor vs stealth thing as far as he knew was just a toggle they could switch do with any dual motor at delivery. Just like how they can drive your car around the service center without keys, they have root access to the car.

This is pretty solid proof that this car could have been delivered as a standard dual motor had you not purchased it as a performance.

My service advisor who I was working with to fix a few gap alignment issues basically told me off the record that the dual motor vs stealth thing as far as he knew was just a toggle they could switch do with any dual motor at delivery. Just like how they can drive your car around the service center without keys, they have root access to the car.
or maybe they just applied the incorrect dual motor badge?

I thought the P3D- had a better-binned motor (e.g. one rated for higher output with a different part number)?

• Funny
Reactions: Scott7 and gaswalla
*update to all*

Car in hand and living it! :):D. I got exactly what I was wanting a MSM, 19s in a Stealth. I did indeed end up with the paint and wheels promo for free as well as 2k in super charging miles.

I look at the stealth options was only 200$ish after I get my tax rebate at the end of the year. Over all I got all my upgrades for basicly no cost at all. I'm super pumped and the OA that shall remain nameless *you know who you are:D* I thank you and ShiftKenny I owe you a thank you as well!
Just want to comment that I have been following your contributions in this thread and I'm so happy for you that you finally found a stealth in the colour and wheels you wanted without having to settle. Congrats!!

Reactions: Cultgti
Timing is key.. look at me I waited and won. The karma I got from this thread I got my car for a steal.. even if it's not the stealth like you guys I still think I came out on top.. me helping you guys find the cars you want is a win win for both of us... and if you use me as a referral is just an icing on the cake
What was the deal you got again? More good karma coming your way hha

I tried to buy a new P3D- today but there is no inventory nationally. They asked me to put in an order for AWD LR and put in notes that I want a P3D-. Fingers crossed I can get one. Trouble is they apparently aren’t making them anymore. They offered one upgrade only, wheels or interior, or the 2 year free supercharging.

Just want to comment that I have been following your contributions in this thread and I'm so happy for you that you finally found a stealth in the colour and wheels you wanted without having to settle. Congrats!!
Thank you as well. I was on the fence for a few months and for sure thought I missed the dream. When I got the call I booked that car in about 20 minutes. Enough time to grab the laptop and my credit card lol.