Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Made order and will get delivery in one week

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Made a Order of white M3 on Monday 9/5, got call from Tesla today said it’s read for delivery. They even offer me 1 year free supercharging if I can make decision today and schedule the delivery at the weekend.
I was kind shocked and confuse. Am I supposed to wait 2-4 months till delivery? Is it normal? Or they just want get rid off some M3 with issues?

• Disagree
Reactions: Trevor B
Pretty sure they're matching orders to cars that are already built. If there is a match, Tesla has no incentive to let that car continue sitting on a lot. Pretty sure they're eager to hit numbers before the quarter finishes too. I really doubt it has anything to do with vehicle quality.

Made a Order of white M3 on Monday 9/5, got call from Tesla today said it’s read for delivery. They even offer me 1 year free supercharging if I can make decision today and schedule the delivery at the weekend.
I was kind shocked and confuse. Am I supposed to wait 2-4 months till delivery? Is it normal? Or they just want get rid off some M3 with issues?
That is pretty amazing especially with the 1 Year of supercharging. Not a bad deal.

Let me guess. RWD?

Q3 probably ended over the weekend
Tesla follows a standard fiscal year, so their current quarter ends 9/30 and year end is 12/31.

They also don’t release sales data monthly, so not sure why they’re incenting people to to deliver by 8/31. They will release sales data by month when they release quarter end results, so maybe they just want August to look good independent of September which will likely be their best ever.

Not surprised (if your order is RWD). They ended up with too many RWD because way more people wanted AWD than anticipated. Get everything in writing on paper, get your own copies of all the paperwork (do not trust them to keep the records, they're terribly disorganized), and don't pay them until you've inspected the car, but other than that, go for it.