Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

magnetic phone mount

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't have my Tesla yet, but the solution I just started using in my Acura is the Mophie Charge Force magnetic wireless charger. Unfortunately, the only car oriented version they sell includes a vent mount which works fine in my Acura, but I haven't tried it in an X yet. The advantage is that you get ease of a magnetic mount with charging. The disadvantages are price, vent mount, cord leading away from the mount, and only compatible with their charge force cases, but they have them for recent models of Galaxy and iPhones. Also, many people may not need the overkill of a battery case combined with car charging.

Ahhah, allow me to introduce myself: I am apparently sperryspoop6x, because I thought very similarly to both of the above posters!

I, too, bought several different options (hey, they're all like, $US 20 — it's a $150k car, what do I care about spending a couple hundred to find the solution that's Just Right for one of the most important parts of the car?); and I can tell you this for sure: only precisely one of the brands I've tried handles Ludicrous acceleration. (Spoiler: It's not the ugly one being sold with the Tesla logo on it. -_-)

I heartily endorse all of Scosche's MagicMOUNT products. I use two in my car right now; have used the vent-mounted one in older cars; and like the last poster said, the flush-mount model nestles oh-so-perfectly in right beside the 17" touchscreen!

(Edit: Oh, also, the iPad on the left in the above photo is mounted on a different Scosche product – the MagicMOUNT XL Note that, although the Amazon page says ‘headrest’, that is indeed the product pictured, with a suction-cup.)
I'm curious as to what you use the iPad for? Do you have it connect via a cellular data package?

I'm curious as to what you use the iPad for? Do you have it connect via a cellular data package?

Generally I run Waze on my iPad, Spotify on my iPhone, the backup-camera (or Tesla routing, on roadtrips) and energy-usage on the
17" display.

Have any of you actually removed the mount from the car to truly know that it won't hurt the glossy finish? I generally believe you, but I'm just nervous.

I haven't, but I can't fathom why it'd be a problem. Wish I could tell you for sure!

download.png
Has anyone ever seen this one??

• Love
Reactions: sledhead36