Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Main Screen keeps rebooting by itself?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same problem. Every 4 minutes. I was listening to FM radio and my iPhone was connected via BT. I'v been using 8.0 for a few days without trouble. I thought it might be that I washed the car last night and got water somewhere it shouldn't be but now that I see this thread that's not the cause. I'm on hold with Tesla now.
Steve

Happened to me 13 times during my half hour commute this morning. Called the national service number and am waiting for a callback. Tried without navigation, without media, and with just calendar up. Still reset every 2-7 minutes.

Called Palo Alto service center and they said they are aware of it and "engineering is working on it." They told me the guidance from the engineers is to reboot BOTH screens, and as soon as the Tesla logo comes up on either reboot it a second time.

I followed this procedure but have not tested to see if that resolves anything.

• Helpful
Reactions: Cyclone
Rebooting happened to me this morning also. I paused streaming radio and it was still reboooting. I did a couple scroll wheel reboots more rebooting. I didn't count how many times it did it.

I turned off Bluetooth and went to the FM radio and it stopped rebooting after about 30 minutes of my hour+ commute.

It's never rebooted before and I've been on v8.0 2.36.108 since a week after it came out.

• Informative
Reactions: T3slaTulips
Adding my name to the list of people who are seeing this. 2017 Model S 70D, never seen before. Got 8.0 update over a week ago and everything's been fine since then. This morning main screen rebooted ~6 times on the way to work.

I was using navigation, showing map and music player. I have a paired iPhone.

I tried rebooting both main screen and HUD screen, saw reboot after that.