Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Main Screen keeps rebooting by itself?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Racerx22b

@unplggdd on Instagram
Nov 17, 2014
West Palm Beach, FL
I've upgraded to 8.0 and it's been working fine but today my center screen (Nav, Media Player, etc..) has rebooted 3x now with no input from me. Does the reboot just as if I was holding down the scroll wheels.

Anyone seen this or have any ideas on how to remedy?

Should I take it in for service?

Currently on hold with tech support waiting for them to pickup but figure I would check in here to see if anyone else had the same issue.

• Informative
Reactions: privater
Started happening to me on the drive home today (9/28) - spontaneous center-screen reboot once every 5 minutes or so. I though it was strange because everything had been fine for 2 days after the 8.0 update. I believe 'Cyclone' is right - must be some on-line database or something.

I was worried when I came in here earlier today & didn't see any reports. I knew the forum would come through!

Reactions: privater
2013 Model S 85 I got the update early evening Monday. Now today Wednesday I have noticed the GPS auto zoom in and out. Without me touching anything ???

Dynamically hanging zoom levels on the GPS are one of the new features in the 8.0 software. It zooms in in areas where there are more residential streets, and out when you're on a freeway (and presumably going faster)

• Informative
Reactions: ibdb
I got 8.0 while car was in for service. They happened to replace MCU because of issue with voice recognition. Picked car up last night and drove home. No issues. Drove car to work, to lunch and home today. Then driving at about 5PM EST started to get reboot loop about every 2-3 minutes; screen blank, air and radio off, still able to drive. Called service and they said to scroll reboot and see. Nope, stays in loop. Said bring car to service at 9:30AM. Parked for dinner. Came out and drove home. No reboots. Am I having same issue? Really, something corp does can make our cars reboot in a loop? Seems a bit unsafe. Thoughts?

Thanks to all for reporting this in the thread. Updated to 8.0 on Friday, had no issues until this afternoon where it rebooted 5 times in a 20 minute period. Dash screen not impacted, AP not impacted, drivability not impacted. Only the functions associated with the center screen (Media, AC, Nav, etc) Reboot was taking 20 to 40 seconds and the media was defaulting to AM radio when it came back up.