Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Main Screen keeps rebooting by itself?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've upgraded to 8.0 and it's been working fine but today my center screen (Nav, Media Player, etc..) has rebooted 3x now with no input from me. Does the reboot just as if I was holding down the scroll wheels.

Anyone seen this or have any ideas on how to remedy?

Should I take it in for service?

Currently on hold with tech support waiting for them to pickup but figure I would check in here to see if anyone else had the same issue.

We just bought our Tesla over the weekend. While I was driving home today, the screen kept rebooting itself for like 6 times within 30-40 minutes. When the screen reboots then I immediately held both scrolls on the steering wheel so I can reboot the system and it did not work. I figured a way to temporary fix this... I'm not sure it's a solution. I stopped and put the car into park, get out and lock the car. Come back in and the problem seems to be back to normal. I noticed if the car is playing music, running navigation, and on the phone with bluetooth. It will cause this issue. I think it's a defect with 8.0. I will try it again tomorrow.

I've upgraded to 8.0 and it's been working fine but today my center screen (Nav, Media Player, etc..) has rebooted 3x now with no input from me. Does the reboot just as if I was holding down the scroll wheels.

Currently on hold with tech support waiting for them to pickup but figure I would check in here to see if anyone else had the same issue.

Probably completely unrelated, but my Volt was doing this a couple weeks back. I finally figured out it was because I had plugged my Kindle into the USB port of the car to charge it, and I guess the car kept trying to read it like it was my phone for Android Auto and crashing. Dunno if it might be related to anything you've plugged into your USB since it's a completely different car and doesn't have Android Auto, but it might be worth checking anyway.

Same for me today. 4x reboot while driving. Unnerving.

During my 8.0 update last night, I think I checked on the car during its early stages of finishing the update. There was a "software update required" message, so I've been using it xtra caution.

The commonality here seems like these reboots started around 1-2 PST and Tesla technical support knew about the issue.

I don't think they knew much.

For me, it happened every 3 minutes or so while streaming, maybe less playing USB. Seems like something being polled at regular intervals. All reboots including total car power off didn't solve issue. I'll recheck tonite.