Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Main Screen keeps rebooting by itself?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Problems with many S owners yesterday causing spontaneous MCU reboots--related to v.8.0 and when trying to use navigation. Some rumors about an ATT data link issue. I called TM Tech Support at about 3:30 pm Pacific time--after 45 minute hold time was told the issue was resolved as of yesterday late afternoon. No new download or firmware update needed.

My MCU spontaneously rebooted itself for the 1st time today while I was driving and using AP. AP was unaffected during this time. I was listening to an audiobook at the time and when the reboot was complete the audiobook picked up where it left off. (not sure if this is significant, but it is in contrast to an earlier post where defaulting to AM radio was the behavior noticed.

I updated to 8.0 over a week ago and have had no problems that I'm aware of (I recently signed up for a Valet service and am not sure if the other drivers who have shuttled my car around have noticed anything.. no one has reported an issue thus far.)

Center screen rebooted for me every few minutes on my drive this morning. Seems to only happen when navigation was showing on the main screen. With just radio / phone on-screen, no reboots.

I've had 8.0 for a week or longer now, but this is the first instance of reboots.

• Helpful
Reactions: Cyclone
As I was driving to work today my center display (the large one) spontaneously rebooted 7 times (over a period of 30 minutes). To say it was annoying is an understatement. I did a hard reboot of both displays when I got to work so perhaps things will be better on the ride home...

Anyone had this problem before on v.8 or a prior version?