Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Maintenance schedule changes...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Black Horse documents make no mention of 'annual services' mine just says :

"You must have the Goods serviced in accordance with the manufacturer’s
recommendations and any applicable warranty."

Where does it mention 'annual' in yours?

I’ll dig out the paper work and check I’m sure it said annual service, I could be wrong but I’ll give it a check

Reactions: Mark_T
Jaguar ipace 2 years servicing £191 4 years for £482. Service intervals every 2 years.
That's more like it.tesla seem a rip off.

... on the other-hand it seems like iPace owners are considering themselves fortunate to go 2 months without a service visit, let alone 2 years...

I've always thought they got the servicing right in general though with a 2 year interval, but that has been common in Europe for a lot of ICE vehicles as well for some years now.

I’ll dig out the paper work and check I’m sure it said annual service, I could be wrong but I’ll give it a check

upload_2019-3-23_22-15-43.png

It is good that Tesla put all the documents in your account, saves finding bits of paper. If it helps, this is the bit that covers it in my agreement.

Jaguar ipace 2 years servicing £191 4 years for £482. Service intervals every 2 years.
That's more like it.tesla seem a rip off.

I agree Jag servicing is more appropriate for an EV ... but Tesla pricing is what they quoted when you bought the car so not a rip off ... FWIW Tesla has changed service interval, so has reacted to what they have found in real-world and/or criticism and/or crisis-management of long service wait times. Tesla was first, probably had zero idea what risk they were taking and either took conservative view and/or a cash-view. Jag coming later can take advantage of previous makers ... or has just decided that "cheap-service" is better for marketing purposes and is writing off a loss.

Of course Tesla approach looks bad simply because everyone is saying "EVs don't need Oil, Plugs, Timing, Brake pads, etc. etc." and drawing the "When was the last time your vacuum clean MOTOR broke" analogy

View attachment 389628

It is good that Tesla put all the documents in your account, saves finding bits of paper. If it helps, this is the bit that covers it in my agreement.

I’d forgotten everything was online lol. God knows where I’d seen annual then, old age making me confused.

Given that Tesla seem to do one thing in the US and something different In the UK I wonder when they will feed this down to us...

... but Tesla pricing is what they quoted when you bought the car so not a rip off ...

It was always a rip-off, just one we knew about going in.

Can't claim it was a surprise, I agree, but I still had an amusing conversation where the sales agent tried unsuccessfully to explain how they could possibly justify those prices.

Glad reality has been allowed to have an impact at last.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
Given that Tesla seem to do one thing in the US and something different In the UK I wonder when they will feed this down to us...

It feels like we are just waiting for a manual update.

The date of the manual in our online accounts has changed, but not the manual it links to, that is still the December,2018 version.

I'd expect to see the new maintenance language there once it is actually updated.

It feels like we are just waiting for a manual update.

The date of the manual in our online accounts has changed, but not the manual it links to, that is still the December,2018 version.

I'd expect to see the new maintenance language there once it is actually updated.

I agree. The language of the announcement says no need to have an annual service, please refer to the manual, which still says 12,500 miles etc. Until that’s updated I will err on the side of caution.

The copy may stay then. No annual but every 12.5k normally they say every year or x miles which ever comes first.

If they do keep the copy the same I’m guessing they would have to increase the mileage as 12.5k isn’t much in the real world and again similar to ice service intervals

Unless they do leave it the same, and for most of us will still mean annual service

Unless they do leave it the same, and for most of us will still mean annual service

I expect (hope?) they will sort it out. Typical Tesla-muddle, right-hand and left-hand no idea they are supposed to be connected ...

but I suppose if they waited until everything was right too much time would elapse. I'm surrounded by faster pace of change, probably driven by Marketing wanting short product-life-cycle and/or too busy persuading people to buy new model ... consumer is paying for the lack of product-life-during preventing full capitalisation after a reasonable period of stability ...

So I'm probably just old, and the new "faster pace of change" is just the new Normal as far as the next generation are concerned. Gawd knows what new abomination they will be complaining about when they get to my age ...

I hope something updates soon. I purchased the 4 year service plan before they changed the blurb that removed the first year motor oil change. Questioned it when I had the first 12.5k service (about 7 months into ownership) and they said they don’t do it anymore but hadn’t updated the online info. I am now almost st 25k (15 months ownership now) so would rather get some money back than have another service that isn’t necessary but will naturally follow whatever is required to keep Black Horse happy

FWIW, I bought my current (2nd) MS outright. At the time, the SC hinted that maintenance was “as needed” since I wasn’t on PCP, so I never did purchase a plan. And two years in, I haven’t been in for a service yet - though only done 5k miles. I guess I’ll follow the US site recommendations here on in.

The warranty does not require annual services, so if that is all you are worried about then service intervals have been meaningless for a while now, it is the statement about annual service intervals that creates the problems for those with a PCP.

Just got to wait for the updated manual at this point.

I had a conversation with the service department at MK, they have received the revised servicing details for the UK and from what was read to me over the phone they directly mirror the US details we've seen on the forums.

The only thing they still have listed as an annual item is the cleaning/lubrication of the brake calipers, but it is not completely clear at the moment if that is going to be 'recommended' or just a suggestion for the UK.

They don't yet have the all-clear to distribute the new information to the UK, so I suspect we'll be waiting a feww more days for anything official to appear in our accounts.

Got some prices to go with those items, all inc. labour and VAT: First price is for the 'S', second for the 'X':

Cabin Air filter: £27.30/£43.40
HEPA filter £209.79/£218.49
Brake fluid test: £17.40/£17.40
Brake fluid flush if needed £159.90/£186.00
AC Desiccant £151.06/£194.00
Winter Care £174/£174
Wheel Alignment if needed: £174/£174

So for an S with HEPA that looks like this:

Year 1 £174
Year 2 £369.76 + £159.90 if brake fluid flush needed
Year 3 £383.79
Year 4 £369.76 + £159.90 if brake fluid flush needed

For an X with HEPA:

Year 1 £174
Year 2 £217.40 + £186.00 if brake fluid flush needed
Year 3 £392.49
Year 4 £428.80 + £186.00 if brake fluid flush needed

Always keeping in mind that if tyre wear indicates a need for wheel alignment check at any time then add £174.

If anyone spots any mistakes in this please yell :)