Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Major 2021 Model X refresh pending [Update: Unveiled January 27, 2021]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wish list is relatively short, but I doubt Tesla will roll it all out at once. I could see them either doing the interior refresh OR the batteries. I don't know that they'll do both at the same time, but one can hope!
- an interior refresh including a landscape screen and Model 3 style air vents
- phone as a key via bluetooth (like Model 3)
- the new 4680 cells with a structural battery pack (I'd love a 450+ mile Model X!)

Reactions: DIL and DocBrownFan
I got a feeling woohoo, I got a feeling that tonights going to be a good good night.

And within 10 minutes of whatever get announced, TMC is going to be full of ridiculous complaints because it doesn't go 0-60 in a half second, save the whales, puff unicorn farts, and cost less than a Corolla.

Predicting a hard drop tomorrow in TSLA - I'll set the over/under at 35.

My wish list is relatively short, but I doubt Tesla will roll it all out at once. I could see them either doing the interior refresh OR the batteries. I don't know that they'll do both at the same time, but one can hope!
- an interior refresh including a landscape screen and Model 3 style air vents
- phone as a key via bluetooth (like Model 3)
- the new 4680 cells with a structural battery pack (I'd love a 450+ mile Model X!)

What if you got everything on your list, but they removed the FWDs? That’s my greatest fear.

And within 10 minutes of whatever get announced, TMC is going to be full of ridiculous complaints because it doesn't go 0-60 in a half second, save the whales, puff unicorn farts, and cost less than a Corolla.

luckily for us, the actual 2020 sales numbers should have more to do with the stock tomorrow. (we can hope, anyway)

Reactions: dmurphy
My lease is up this summer and I’m deciding if I’m going to go with another X, or go with a Y instead. The decision will depend on if a refresh happens soon, and what the refresh winds up involving. If there’s no major refresh, I’ll definitely wind up getting a Y. If they do refresh, I’d love to see a more luxurious interior that matches the price of the car, more noise isolation, and increased range. I am undecided as to whether I prefer horizontal or vertical display. And while I know some people don’t like the FWD, I’d be disappointed if they went away, although not necessarily a deal breaker. Chrome delete would also be nice!

OK - the top of my Wishlist is having new exterior colors. At minimum, bring back Titanium and Silver. A more Elegant multilayer red (like the I Pace) would be nice! Second - revise the exterior to look more beautiful than ever. Third - dump the FWDs Four - make interior more luxurious but not like some ancient ICE vehicle. Screen could stay vertical or go horizontal. Dont necessrily need the new M3 kinds of vents, but Dash could use some kind of updating. Seats more like the MY, but with choice of Tan or Cream color. Fifth - keep the price somewhat reasonable.

• Disagree
Reactions: msm859

So are we getting the unicorn farts or not?

So are we getting the unicorn farts or not?
ball.jpg

My lease is up this summer and I’m deciding if I’m going to go with another X, or go with a Y instead. The decision will depend on if a refresh happens soon, and what the refresh winds up involving. If there’s no major refresh, I’ll definitely wind up getting a Y. If they do refresh, I’d love to see a more luxurious interior that matches the price of the car, more noise isolation, and increased range. I am undecided as to whether I prefer horizontal or vertical display. And while I know some people don’t like the FWD, I’d be disappointed if they went away, although not necessarily a deal breaker. Chrome delete would also be nice!
Be sure to test drive a Y. I did and found the ride pretty harsh compared to my X.

My lease is also up this summer (end of May). And my feeling is that to be an X, it must have FWD

OK - the top of my Wishlist is having new exterior colors. At minimum, bring back Titanium and Silver. A more Elegant multilayer red (like the I Pace) would be nice! Second - revise the exterior to look more beautiful than ever. Third - dump the FWDs Four - make interior more luxurious but not like some ancient ICE vehicle. Screen could stay vertical or go horizontal. Dont necessrily need the new M3 kinds of vents, but Dash could use some kind of updating. Seats more like the MY, but with choice of Tan or Cream color. Fifth - keep the price somewhat reasonable.

If you don't like the FWD's you can go buy ANYTHING else. Because EVERYTHING else has the "regular" doors. And your options will shortly be increasing substantially. FWD's are part of the DNA in an X.

Reactions: DocBrownFan