Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Make recirculation setting "sticky"?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Air quality is bad in the bay area. Have to tap into the climate control to change to recirc.

If I stop for an hour or so, it seems to stay. But the setting goings away after many hours/overnight so it's easy to forget to put it back on.

Any thoughts? Way to make the setting stay the way you left it, like in most cars? I find that in most cars, setting it to "auto" does set the car to outside air (at least for cars that don't auto-switch between "fresh" air and recirc)... but as long as you leave the on auto, it holds your recirc setting.. until you toggle auto off then back on again.

I've had my car on re-circulation for the last few days with Auto and A/C set to off. So far it hasn't deactivated itself overnight.

Interesting. Another factor is that my wife and I trade off driving. Maybe it stays 'sticky' per-driver, and I only noticed it 'turning off' when we switched. Or maybe switching profiles resets it to "outside air" each time.

Then you'll have the oblivious folks who will end up with recirculate stuck on for 5 years straight with their windows fogging up, I know so many people like that.

I don't use recirc that much, but I can't say I've ever noticed that. The compressor dries out the air for you, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Be mindful of CO2 levels when keeping the car in recirculate mode. I noticed it climbing upwards of 1900 ppm while the outside air was only 550 ppm (here in the Bay Area where we've been dealing with AQ issues).

I recommend folks crack or open their windows when parked if you tend to run with recirculate ON a lot.

My car has recirc Set and it holds. But it is set in my profile and I think in my husband’s as well so when we switch driving it doesn’t change.
Thanksgiving is a good time to be thankful for this ability to filter the air in our cars given air quality in the bay area with the Camp fire these past many days. Had rain this a.m. and no bad air quality readings at all. Fresh air finally. Don’t know know what it’s like further north or down south but hope everyone is getting much needed smoke-free air.

Model 3 owner here. It appears that the re-circulation setting has a bunch of logic and automation behind it. It also appears that this changed between updates (for the worse). It would be nice if future updates provided an option to disable re-circulation logic and allow me to be in command.

From my experience, your recirc setting will not change as long as you don't adjust the temperature. If you adjust the temperature, the car will then make a decision on whether it wants to recirc or not. So the only time you should really have to check on your setting is after you've made a temperature adjustment.

• Informative
Reactions: jsight and lUtriaNt