Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Market politics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
upload_2019-12-11_13-42-55.png

One thing I agree with Trump - CNN is garbage (for different reasons, obviously).

ELmz4BxXUAALCIQ.jpg

You really believe it's CNN acting of their own accord? Not that they're acting for their "donors?"

Why is MSNBC carrying the CIA's water?

Why do the DNC and their media partners go through so much effort to diminish what Tulsi and Bernie are saying about our foreign policy?

Many voted for Trump for a reason whether he acted on it or not. That's the lesson to be learned for 2020.

Reactions: traxila and house9
Lying to go to war is not good and it should be an impeachable offense, but Bush was not the first to do it and get away with it. Democrats have been guilty of it too. So in the divided atmosphere of the country in 2006, and even more divided now, the crimes need to be unprecedented and very easy to prove to impeach the president.

Even at that McConnell has made it clear he is not really going to hold a trial. He will just have opening statements and then a vote. He is desperate to have this over before the primaries, but if he's not going to hold a real trial, Pelosi can always decide to keep investigating and drag things out into the primaries.

We will also hear tomorrow whether SCOTUS will take up three appeals cases about Trump and obstruction of Congress. If they AWOP them, SCOTUS is saying there are no merits to the case and the lower court ruling stands. In each case the lower court ruling is against Trump. That will hand over a bunch of financial documents to Congress and might give Pelosi an excuse to slow roll impeachment until the records have been reviewed.

Pelosi didn’t mention that Bush had Congress’ support. Little different situation here.

She also stated the evidence didn’t support the nuclear weapons theory. But to definitively say there are none and to impeach, would be difficult to prove.

You wouldn’t need to show that no weapons exist, just that the administration didn’t actually believe they did exist. If I claim to be 100% sure of the next lottery numbers when I don’t actually have that foresight, that’s still a lie if I happened to guess them correctly.

You wouldn’t need to show that no weapons exist, just that the administration didn’t actually believe they did exist. If I claim to be 100% sure of the next lottery numbers when I don’t actually have that foresight, that’s still a lie if I happened to guess them correctly.

Once you realize that Pelosi and Bush are on the same team despite having a D or an R after their name, this makes a lot more sense.

MarketWatch - 25 minutes ago: Tax-credit expansion sought by Tesla, other EV players is among tax breaks getting lawmakers’ attention as year ends

Contact those who represent you in Congress regarding this issue. I have. :cool:

Here's what I wrote:

Please aggressively support the proposed extension of Electric Vehicle (EV) tax credits. However, the bill could be improved by providing a sunset date, rather than the currently proposed production limit per manufacturer. The production limit punishes the innovators that were first to make EVs, while giving the latecomers reason to dawdle even longer.

Last edited:
Lying to go to war is not good and it should be an impeachable offense, but Bush was not the first to do it and get away with it. Democrats have been guilty of it too. So in the divided atmosphere of the country in 2006, and even more divided now, the crimes need to be unprecedented and very easy to prove to impeach the president.

Even at that McConnell has made it clear he is not really going to hold a trial. He will just have opening statements and then a vote. He is desperate to have this over before the primaries, but if he's not going to hold a real trial, Pelosi can always decide to keep investigating and drag things out into the primaries.

We will also hear tomorrow whether SCOTUS will take up three appeals cases about Trump and obstruction of Congress. If they AWOP them, SCOTUS is saying there are no merits to the case and the lower court ruling stands. In each case the lower court ruling is against Trump. That will hand over a bunch of financial documents to Congress and might give Pelosi an excuse to slow roll impeachment until the records have been reviewed.

Is it unusual for such an announcement from SCOTUS to be released over a weekend? Do we know they have done the review work to make their decision on whether to take up the cases or not? This decision on these three cases will be a good X-ray into just how corrupt the right wing radical justices really are. There is nothing ambiguous about the Constitution articles governing the oversight responsibilities
of Congress and issuing subpoenas that must be obeyed which make that possible.

OT : Warren is just Obama 2.0 2.0. Do not trust.
I really disagree here, Obama was rather naive in approaching Republicans - he tried to work with them and they obstructed him in unprecedented ways at every single step. The DOJ should have prosecuted Wall Street for 2008 - instead Obama administration let them go. The same goes for the torture and the widespread graft in and around Iraq.

Warren has none of that kind of naivete, and Wall Street knows it:
Warren has been busy pivoting on issue after issue. I wonder whether you reconsider how trustworthy Warren is.

Deepa Shivaram on Twitter

Warren starting to emphasize *choice* in the Medicare transition process -- this is new for her: "We're going to push through... full health care coverage at no cost for everyone else who wants it, you can buy it for a modest amount. You don't have to, but it's your choice."​

Warren has been busy pivoting on issue after issue. I wonder whether you reconsider how trustworthy Warren is.

Deepa Shivaram on Twitter

Warren starting to emphasize *choice* in the Medicare transition process -- this is new for her: "We're going to push through... full health care coverage at no cost for everyone else who wants it, you can buy it for a modest amount. You don't have to, but it's your choice."​

Warren is garbage. She is an exposed opportunistic hypocrite, starting with this ridiculous Native American thing.

Her six percent wealth tax on billionaires would destroy both Tesla and SpaceX. I mean obliterate. Imagine Musk selling billions of TSLA every year just to pay the tax. It would be game over for Tesla.

If she is the best the Democrats can do then just count me out of this human race thing. Will go sign up for Plutonian dictatorship.

Status
Not open for further replies.