Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Martian wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice, that's really good... though it could be almost all 35 mph city driving ;)

Do you know roughly what you get going 65mph or 70mph over at least a 10 mile stretch?

I commute 80 miles to work each way. No city driving but it is mostly back roads at 55-65mph. I do have a short section of highway driving (70+ mph) and the wh/mi does spike up in this area. But I usually make the 80 miles below 250 wh/mi....

I have only had my car 5 weeks and already have 3765 miles!

Reactions: acarney
I have a custom set of 20in MW03 wheels that should be here in the next couple of weeks. I will be requesting that my service center update the wheel size to reflect the correct estimated range.

Curious if these have showed up/mounted on vehicle yet...I've been looking for images of 20's (as my possible winter wheel). Thanks!

Also curious - when buying from Martian, what are folks doing for TPMS? Ordering from Tesla parts?

Is there a special phone number or e-mail address or link to do this? Nothing on their web site store and I have been trying my local SC but nobody answers the phone or returns my calls. I have money to spend, and they do not even want it? I have found a third party source that has BLE TPMS, waiting to hear back from them, cheaper.

Please keep us posted if you find an aftermarket source that will work with the MY. Another story like yours with a SC refusing to answer a phone or return messages just puts more nails in the Tesla coffin for me. sheesh

Please keep us posted if you find an aftermarket source that will work with the MY. Another story like yours with a SC refusing to answer a phone or return messages just puts more nails in the Tesla coffin for me. sheesh
Will do. The ones I found are Bluetooth BLE but the person I dealt with had concerns that there is something potentially proprietary done to Tesla's system, not just vanilla BLE, because another customer tried to use them on his MY without any luck. So I am still pursuing the SC angle, e-mailing the advisor who worked with me on delivery day to see if I can order that way. Sad that this is what it takes to order parts, spend money with them.

Reactions: raggedy
Will do. The ones I found are Bluetooth BLE but the person I dealt with had concerns that there is something potentially proprietary done to Tesla's system, not just vanilla BLE, because another customer tried to use them on his MY without any luck. So I am still pursuing the SC angle, e-mailing the advisor who worked with me on delivery day to see if I can order that way. Sad that this is what it takes to order parts, spend money with them.
I call the parts dept at the service center. Only ones that would answer the phone.

I call the parts dept at the service center. Only ones that would answer the phone.
That is the extension I have been trying, rings forever until you have to leave a message. Tired of that game. Late today I finally got a hold of the SA I had when I picked up my MY. After some back and forth I managed to get an order placed for 4 TPMS from Tesla, not easy or cheap though, $75 each plus tax. But no alternatives that I can find right now, so either no TPMS or use Tesla's units. Disappointed how hard it was just to order these, and impossible to get anybody to answer the phone. Cannot wait for the day when Tesla has some real competition and they have no choice but to offer better customer service or lose customers.

Reactions: Ormond and KMH84
Schedule a service appointment via the app and request to order Bluetooth sensors. I was able to confirm the sensor were available and order them a couple months ago directly with my service advisor. Now they await the Martian Wheels to be installed with.

Reactions: 5280mcs
Here’s pics that I took recently.

Attachments

• 76B34AA9-FB13-47AB-B7F8-A4269C40E837.jpeg
    76B34AA9-FB13-47AB-B7F8-A4269C40E837.jpeg
    635.6 KB · Views: 361
  • 28E1DF81-D933-4FA2-BAE6-88EC6BC06ECA.jpeg
    28E1DF81-D933-4FA2-BAE6-88EC6BC06ECA.jpeg
    556.3 KB · Views: 352
I noticed that you have the Vredestein tires on your Martians. We just put them on our car yesterday. Only have about 50 miles on them so far and in the rain. What do you think about them? How was the noise/efficiency of them?
So far so good. Not at sticky as the Pirellis on the 21" Uberturbines, but an overall good performer across the board. Road noise might be slightly louder because there is any foam in these tires vs the Pirellis, but nothing to complain about at all.