Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Martian wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just ordered a set of satin black. What lugs did you use to match?

Sorry to interrupt, but have you considered using the same lugs from the Uber 21 and putting black covers on them? That is what I did.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MFR7JDP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
In my case these wheels are only for the winter, so the caps might actually be better than the money spent for nice black lugs...
MW03 19 inch satin black, with Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3 SUV on them.

Sorry to interrupt, but have you considered using the same lugs from the Uber 21 and putting black covers on them? That is what I did.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MFR7JDP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
In my case these wheels are only for the winter, so the caps might actually be better than the money spent for nice black lugs...
MW03 19 inch satin black, with Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3 SUV on them.

Thanks, that's a good thought. I am upgrading from the stock Gemini wheels so could use those lugs with some black lug covers from a set of Model 3 Aero wheels I have. I also need to find suitable center caps, I prefer the Tesla logo over the Martian wheel logo center cap.

In black, it looks like the only option would be the one they pair with the black Model S Arachnids (or the black Model X Turbine):

Model S 21” Black Arachnid Wheel and Tire Package

WHEEL ORNAMENTATION CAP - ARMOR BLACK
6005879-04-A

Thanks, that's a good thought. I am upgrading from the stock Gemini wheels so could use those lugs with some black lug covers from a set of Model 3 Aero wheels I have. I also need to find suitable center caps, I prefer the Tesla logo over the Martian wheel logo center cap.

In black, it looks like the only option would be the one they pair with the black Model S Arachnids (or the black Model X Turbine):

Model S 21” Black Arachnid Wheel and Tire Package

WHEEL ORNAMENTATION CAP - ARMOR BLACK
6005879-04-A
The martians come with black lug covers. You use your factory lugs.

• Informative
Reactions: DFibRL8R
Any opinions on efficiency of 20 MW03 vs inductions?
Inductions are a bit more efficient, but in my opinion the MW03s look way better! What do you think?

Attachments

• 2A765E91-B5A1-4BD6-9349-995567F6B831.jpeg
    2A765E91-B5A1-4BD6-9349-995567F6B831.jpeg
    565.4 KB · Views: 835
Inductions are a bit more efficient, but in my opinion the MW03s look way better! What do you think?

Your wheels look awesome but why do you say the inductions are a bit more efficient? From my model 3 wheel/tire experience - the tire compound rolling resistance is what leads to efficiency or lack there of. I also think the lower weight of the martian wheels should help. Also, lower weight should definitely help with driving dynamics and the car being more agile feeling.

Sidenote - car looks great, I really like the martian wheel design.

That is the extension I have been trying, rings forever until you have to leave a message. Tired of that game. Late today I finally got a hold of the SA I had when I picked up my MY. After some back and forth I managed to get an order placed for 4 TPMS from Tesla, not easy or cheap though, $75 each plus tax. But no alternatives that I can find right now, so either no TPMS or use Tesla's units. Disappointed how hard it was just to order these, and impossible to get anybody to answer the phone. Cannot wait for the day when Tesla has some real competition and they have no choice but to offer better customer service or lose customers.

Welcome to Tesla.

The alternative is my experience at Audi of Bellevue, where my daughter's Q3 came with only 1 key. We had to order a new key, which took 2 weeks. Then we had to go in to get the key programmed by linking with techs FROM GERMANY, at the dealership. The key turned out to be the wrong one, so we came back 2 weeks later. That key turned out to be bad. WE CAME BACK TWO WEEKS LATER. That key worked. Total of 3 hours at dealership plus travel time.

Pick your poison.

Your wheels look awesome but why do you say the inductions are a bit more efficient? From my model 3 wheel/tire experience - the tire compound rolling resistance is what leads to efficiency or lack there of. I also think the lower weight of the martian wheels should help. Also, lower weight should definitely help with driving dynamics and the car being more agile feeling.

Sidenote - car looks great, I really like the martian wheel design.

Thanks! The lighter weight only helps as far as unsprung weight for speed not efficiency. The induction wheels are more efficieny because just like rolling resistance for the tires the aerodynamics of the wheel make a difference for the efficiency. Where I gained in efficiency was to go from the staggered setup of the 21" Uberturbines to the square setup on the 20" MW03s! The lighter weight only helps the car feel quicker.

Had new Satin Black 8.5x20 installed today. I wanted the Michelin CrossClimate SUV tires which don’t come in 255-40-20 so I went with 245-45-20. Purchased black center caps from Tesla, I haven’t installed the lug caps yet since I need to retorque the lugs after install (though they don’t look bad as is). I like that the smaller 8.5” wheel is a bit more protected by the rubber, hopefully less curb rash.
CC22CFE3-4DA0-4AD1-8905-1180F9EC301D.jpeg
F70383AF-9946-471F-AEF0-AE5DC2B0F200.jpeg
7063832D-55C0-4338-AD7B-FED7F4CAA60B.jpeg

Had new Satin Black 8.5x20 installed today. I wanted the Michelin CrossClimate SUV tires which don’t come in 255-40-20 so I went with 245-45-20. Purchased black center caps from Tesla, I haven’t installed the lug caps yet since I need to retorque the lugs after install (though they don’t look bad as is). I like that the smaller 8.5” wheel is a bit more protected by the rubber, hopefully less curb rash.
View attachment 609789 View attachment 609790 View attachment 609791

The matte black rims with MSM is good look, How are the Cross Climates?

Love those tires. Wonder if they will fit on the OE 20in rims

They will not - the stock 20" wheels are 9.5.

@DFibRL8R
Man I was really close to getting the cross climates for my 20x8.5 wheels.... You'll have to post more if you feel any difference from the slightly larger overall diameter of 245/45. Speaking of which, how do you like the look of the little bit of extra "beef" in person?