Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Martian wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That sucks. They should do something about that.

So far I haven't heard about any fitment issues on the 3 or Y. Maybe they are more focused on those models since there are more of them. They still shouldn't leave you in the lurch though.

How are these tires after a few months? Looking to replace the stock tires on the 19in wheels, and was wondering how the noise level and efficiency was as compared to your previous setup.
Sorry for the late reply!

I have had my set up on for almost 8 months, noise level has been fine (no noticeable difference than 19in OEMs).

As for efficiency, it's a bit tough to be exact since my first 4 months and 4k miles on the OEMs were in warmer months June-November (I averaged 255 Wh/mi). Since installing the Martians, I have averaged 294 Wh/mi over 6,500 miles but this was through the winter months.

• Informative
Reactions: Sudsington
UPDATE: Contrary to all the naysayers, I still like my Martians. Downsized from my stock 20" Performance wheels to Martian 19" wheels to save weight and give me a little more sidewall to protect against potholes. My 19" Martians weighed in at ~22 lbs including TPMS sensors and balancing weights -- a nice reduction of unsprung weight of over 6 lbs per wheel over my stock 20's. I'm a happy camper.

They even look better after the coilover installation. ;)
left side-low angle copy-color.jpg

UPDATE: Contrary to all the naysayers, I still like my Martians. Downsized from my stock 20" Performance wheels to Martian 19" wheels to save weight and give me a little more sidewall to protect against potholes. My 19" Martians weighed in at ~22 lbs including TPMS sensors and balancing weights -- a nice reduction of unsprung weight of over 6 lbs per wheel over my stock 20's. I'm a happy camper.

View attachment 710964
They don't even look like 19" wheels with the car dropped. LOVE that lowered look. What suspension did you go with?

I have the same Martians in 20" and I love them, but I made a mistake and when too skinny on my MYP (went 255 square). Now I'm going to sell the whole setup and go wider.

I bought the Martian 20"x8.5" and am mounting 255/40/20s on them. Take delivery of the car today, pending no issues. I don't think 255s are too skinny on the Model Y. The car is not a track car and going larger will reduce the range. Would FasterBlaster care to post a pic of your setup? You might just be spoiled by the stock width of the staggered wheel set.

Oh there is nothing wrong about the setup. I think it's beautiful and I've gotten a lot of comments about them. It's just that I really like the more muscular look of wider tires. I only had the Ubers on for 150 miles, but still I missed seeing that when looking from behind. Now I want to go 265 front/285 rear. I know it will affect range but after a 1400 mile road trip recently I realized that it won't matter for me.

And man, I really like the lowered look of Trackjack's car! Has me thinking...

This is my setup:

IMG_1488.jpeg

View attachment 710964
Man these look great! I’ve been wanting to go down to 19s, I think you’ve convinced me on the Martians.

Reactions: play150