Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.36.1 update released with 5% power increase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Should be entertaining in Montreal, the traffic cone capital of the world ...

iu.jpeg

Just wondering if any other Canadians Have received the update?
If the changes affect the Smart Summon in anyway (which some have reported to be the case), I would think there will be a delay whilst they check it’s still compliant with Canadian rules and regs as with the original release of V10. Pure speculation obviously, but I’m not expecting to see it over here for a week.

• Disagree
Reactions: ISoGrumpy
Anyone with the upgrade: Is the regen any stronger above 5 MPH, or is the change only below 5?

Tesla seems to claim that this setting increases range a small amount.... I can't believe regen below 5 MPH would even move the needle on range....
Regen above 5 mph felt the same. I too wondered how much energy is actually recovered below 5 mph; can’t be that much. Although they do add up if there are lots of stops made (e.g. bumper-to-bumper traffic).

Anyone with the upgrade: Is the regen any stronger above 5 MPH, or is the change only below 5?

Tesla seems to claim that this setting increases range a small amount.... I can't believe regen below 5 MPH would even move the needle on range....
It feels pretty similar above 5 MPH.
I THINK (and this may just be in my head) that it is a little more dynamic in that when coasting at high speed with no one in front, it brakes less and when slowing to stop when a car is stopped ahead, it brakes more aggressively--ie. using autopilot vision to decide magnitude. This is purely speculative.
I previously used CREEP because it felt more natural and often had to move my foot to brake pedal anyway, but new HOLD mode is much better in that you rarely need to move to brake. Takes getting used to for sure, but I'd bet this becomes most people's new normal.

As for regen, I specifically looked at the 'green-bar black-bar' slider while under 5 MPH and, like you said, there was no charging at all that I could see.

What's really neat is that it will show a single cone way off to the side in the distance and I'll initially think "what the heck, there's no cone." Then looking closer, sure enough someone left a cone out on their lawn nowhere even close to the road. It makes you remember that autopilot is seeing and tagging EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE (see GREEN THE ONLY raw hacked AP videos) but only showing us a tiny fraction of that on the screen.
I could imagine (in the distant future, maybe V13?) a complete graphical representation of the real world on the AP screen.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve