Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.36.1 update released with 5% power increase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
how does your car do with lane changes through AP? Mine does not like to change lanes and all I can figure is because of the bumps instead of lines. We just moved here from Colorado where it worked like a champ
Probably release 2019.32.12.2 you on. Mine stopped working when that version was downloaded. Tesla service saying a bug in firmware,,

• Informative
Reactions: brkaus
Got it last night-- LR-AWD-M3 FSD HW3 in Southwest US.
Crossing fingers it fixed lane changes in this part of country (AP V9 had 90% success rate, V10 went from 10% success rate on first release to near 0% / all fails with swerving if it would attempt at all). Took a trip to Cali and as soon as we crossed the state border, lane changes worked 100%, it was sublime.
I'll update soon.

Probably release 2019.32.12.2 you on. Mine stopped working when that version was downloaded. Tesla service saying a bug in firmware,,

So, first update after driving on highway twice (in Nevada).
Good news and bad news.
Bad news is the VISION/PERCEPTION aspect of recognizing line types is still bugged for Botts Dots / button lane markers (see gif).
Good news is they programmed in an exception so that if a dotted line is recognized and a lane change starts, when the lane type switches back to solid, it will NO LONGER CANCEL / ZIG-ZAG and instead will finish the lane change.
The final result is a mixed bag-- it will wait until it reads a broken line, sometimes as long as five seconds, then will proceed with a successful lane change.
Moving in the right direction, but I think this "shortcut" execution should (and will) be fixed with re-trained perception neural nets.
giphy.gif

Question about auto-navigate for those that have tried it, is there an option to suppress the verbal turn by turn directions? Seems reasonable that if the car "knows me" well enough to predict when I want to go to/from work then it should also know I don't need voice prompts for each turn. This plays forward into FSD too since if it's driving, why do I need the voice prompts?

Reactions: dhanson865
Some draggy data I took this morning, including one image from when I did the test using V9.
Initial testing shows I reliably get 3.40s with the update and on older software I was reliably getting 3.41s.
I was only at 60%SOC this morning though and will test again when I can be closer to 90% SOC.

Attachments

• 36.1 Update.PNG
    36.1 Update.PNG
    245.3 KB · Views: 123
  • V9 Software.PNG
    V9 Software.PNG
    246.1 KB · Views: 116
  • 36.1 Update flatter.PNG
    36.1 Update flatter.PNG
    239.5 KB · Views: 122
  • Informative
Reactions: hoang51
Question about auto-navigate for those that have tried it, is there an option to suppress the verbal turn by turn directions? Seems reasonable that if the car "knows me" well enough to predict when I want to go to/from work then it should also know I don't need voice prompts for each turn. This plays forward into FSD too since if it's driving, why do I need the voice prompts?
You can turn off the voice prompts in the autopilot config.

You can turn off the voice prompts in the autopilot config.

I'm looking for a situation specific setting for auto-navigation, not the blanket On/Off that is available today.

If I'm travelling to somewhere new, I want voice prompts. If auto-navigation is "taking" me to work, or back home from work, I don't need to hear the voice prompts.

Ok here are my revised thoughts after driving for a few days on the update.

I believe I can actually *feel* the 5% boost (I don't think it's in my head but it could be). Acceleration (LR AWD) seems noticeably zippier.

The new Hold/stopping/OnePedal mode is more difficult to get used to going in reverse since that's at a lower speed. When I would normal coast or use a hill to do some of the work, now the car will stop if I let off the accelerator. It's gonna take getting used to.
Coming to a stop on a hill is a lot nicer not having to hit the brake to put into "hold". That's were the one pedal driving really shines.

With the caveat that it could be my imagination, the lane changes seem noticeably better too. If the lane is clear, the change starts immediately when you turn on the blinker every time (that I've tried so far). And the lane change motion itself is very even/steady. Seems to complete faster than before. Haven't had an lane change aborts since the update.

It's VERY good at detecting the cones/barrels. It's found some I didn't see until I saw them on the screen and looked up and saw them IRL. If there are 4 cones bunched together on the side of the road, it renders them all accurately where they are.

Solid update overall.