Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.36.2.1 - new HOLD mode and other features

Do you use One Petal Driving?

• Yes

Votes: 690 89.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 0.9%
  • Prefer Roll

Votes: 26 3.4%
  • Prefer Creep

Votes: 47 6.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone got some CAN bus data on a Model 3 AWD and with the update they gain 30hp peak or a 7.5% increase :eek:.

Model 3 AWD tested from 0-160 km/h - Peak power up 7.5%, Peak torque up 1%, 0-60 mph down 0.1s : teslamotors

He's showing a 0-100 mph improvement of 0.584 seconds. That's insane.

Assuming his #s are confirmed, even if there was NO further improvement above 100 mph, that'd put the AWD into the 11s in the 1/4 mile... (on top of putting 0-60 down to 3.9 with rollout based on his 4.159 without rollout result)

And it's not even the "fast" one.

He's showing a 0-100 mph improvement of 0.584 seconds. That's insane.

Assuming his #s are confirmed, even if there was NO further improvement above 100 mph, that'd put the AWD into the 11s in the 1/4 mile... (on top of putting 0-60 down to 3.9 with rollout based on his 4.159 without rollout result)

And it's not even the "fast" one.

There must be something off with Wugz' data as shaving off more than half a second in the quarter mile would require a much larger HP increase.

According to this, you should be expecting around a 0.2 second decrease in your 1/4 times (for an LR AWD):

There must be something off with Wugz' data as shaving off more than half a second in the quarter mile would require a much larger HP increase.

According to this, you should be expecting around a 0.2 second decrease in your 1/4 times (for an LR AWD):

in drag racing the rule of thumb is 10hp equal 1 tenth in the 1/4th of mile and 1mph in trap speed the same goes for 100lbs of weight you take off.

But as you get faster that rule doesn't work very well.

When using the new “Hold” mode, I hear a clink/clank sound under the dash in the footwell area as the car comes to a full stop. Anyone else notice this? What is making that noise? Sounds like a solenoid/actuator of sorts... Never heard it before the update or when manually applying “Hold” by pressing on the brake pedal. Again, has anyone else noticed this since the update?

I've only driven in this mode for 1 day so far, but I don't recall hearing any noises coming from under the dash. I'll check again later today...

My scheduled departure charging failed last night. This was my first time using the feature and when I opened my app this morning the car was asleep. As soon as the car woke up it began charging and preconditioning the cabin so it was set correctly, it just never began the process.

I had about 45% SOC last night when I plugged the car in with a 6:30 AM departure time set. At 5:45 AM charging had not started. Anyone else?

• Informative
Reactions: ybbor
Got the update last night and set the scheduled departure and for 90%. Woke up and it said charging complete at 89%. I checked it about 10 minutes later and it had gone down to 88% and said "30 minutes remaining"... so that was interesting.

Anyhow, absolutely loving the one pedal driving - probably my favorite feature since getting the car a year ago other than Sentry Mode.

I will try to do 0-60, 1/8th mile and 1/4 mile later tonight with my Dragy. I haven't had any chances yet to get to 60 or beyond but the throttle does feel a little more aggressive so I have a good feeling about it.