Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.36.2.1 - new HOLD mode and other features

Do you use One Petal Driving?

• Yes

Votes: 690 89.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 0.9%
  • Prefer Roll

Votes: 26 3.4%
  • Prefer Creep

Votes: 47 6.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Without holding a scientific study on the matter... From me watching rollouts from previous updates it seem to flow to all sorts of trim randomly whereas the last few updates it seemed to hit the LR’s in large numbers first then go elsewhere. Just something I felt I observed and curious if anyone else had noticed it.

And the model prevalence is probably different even over that anecdotal observation period. The truth is we have no evidence of any pattern of what vehicles receive the updates when, just random speculation. That may be good fun and all, but nothing more.......just sayin'.........

Reactions: RobRain and jebinc
I wouldn't read into that too much. Could just be a 'wait and see' while there's a larger pool to test for more bugs after the bigger one's have gotten fixed just to be sure before wide release.
True, but it was strange that the "push" was a weekend push, vs. weekday push, and then seems to stall as 36.1 did. Given all of that, I posit 36.3 (or something greater than 36.2.1) will drop before 36.2.1 ramps up (if it ever does). Time will tell. Just a working hypothesis for now...

Reactions: PACEMD
True, but it was strange that the "push" was a weekend push, vs. weekday push, and then seems to stall as 36.1 did. Given all of that, I posit 36.3 (or something greater than 36.2.1) will drop before 36.2.1 ramps up (if it ever does). Time will tell. Just a working hypothesis for now...

Ok, now I'm mad I haven't gotten 36.3 yet. I've been on 36.2.1 for over an hour. Come on Tesla, get your act together............I ain't got all day here you know.........

Did a bit of driving around this morning. The “Hold” Stopping Mode is a big change for low-speed stopping (both in forward and reverse).
I am a little confused about this one. I have a Model 3 and Model S. My S got the update and since it is 2017 I did not get this new Stopping Mode. But from a screen shot you have a choice of Creep or Roll or Hold?. Some do not like Creep so they have that off. I really like Creep (especially in the garage) when coming home. But I would like Hold when driving around town.

Also, when my Model S got the update it turned off Creep (for some reason) and I really noticed it when coming home after a small drive so I turned it back on.

For those that like Creep are you not able to use this new HOLD Stopping Mode?

I am a little confused about this one. I have a Model 3 and Model S. My S got the update and since it is 2017 I did not get this new Stopping Mode. But from a screen shot you have a choice of Creep or Roll or Hold?. Some do not like Creep so they have that off. I really like Creep (especially in the garage) when coming home. But I would like Hold when driving around town.

Also, when my Model S got the update it turned off Creep (for some reason) and I really noticed it when coming home after a small drive so I turned it back on.

For those that like Creep are you not able to use this new HOLD Stopping Mode?
Creep, Roll and Hold are your three, mutually exclusive choices. (Roll is the previous not-Creep Mode).

Creep, Roll and Hold are your three, mutually exclusive choices. (Roll is the previous not-Creep Mode).
So, if I want Creep which I do this update has not bearing on my usage even with the M3. Too bad I can not have Creep "at home" and Hold every place else. Like you can exclude Home for Sentry Mode.