Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.36.2.1 - new HOLD mode and other features

Do you use One Petal Driving?

• Yes

Votes: 690 89.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 0.9%
  • Prefer Roll

Votes: 26 3.4%
  • Prefer Creep

Votes: 47 6.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I mostly take every forum post with a hefty grain of salt. But you get a good sense of what's likely true and what isn't. :)

Agreed. The Reddit posts seemed to be genuine concerns raised by genuine owners, and not paid FUDsters - that's why I reposted over on the Tesla forum (and got called all kinds of names by some of the most notorious disrupters over there). :)

P.S. The sun is out in our local neck of the woods. Just returned from a nice spirited run... Went back to CREEP mode, just for a change of pace. Love the throttle remapping and added boost!

Agreed. The Reddit posts seemed to be genuine concerns raised by genuine owners, and not paid FUDsters - that's why I reposted over on the Tesla forum (and got called all kinds of names by some of the most notorious disrupters over there). :)

P.S. The sun is out in our local neck of the woods. Just returned from a nice spirited run... Went back to CREEP mode, just for a change of pace. Love the throttle remapping and added boost!

You need to let me know when you're doing that so I can bring my filthymobile out there. :D

Reactions: jebinc
Just read through that mess over there. No problems like the OP on Reddit for me. I'm loving the one pedal action on 36.2.1 thus far.

PS- Yah, that Magic8Ball person over on the corp forum is something else. Holy crap, they're nutso, fo sho. Legit owner complaints/problems are not FUD. Definitely don't feed the trolls, lol.

• Love
Reactions: jebinc
Just read through that mess over there. No problems like the OP on Reddit for me. I'm loving the one pedal action on 36.2.1 thus far.

PS- Yah, that Magic8Ball person over on the corp forum is something else. Holy crap, they're nutso, fo sho. Legit owner complaints/problems are not FUD. Definitely don't feed the trolls, lol.

Yes, reading the thread I started over there really makes one appreciate what we have over here! :) I'm sorry you had to expose your eyes and brain to that level of drivel. :mad: Also, highly entertaining, and sad at the same time.... :( I hope, for the benefit of Telsa's brand, they clean that place up (i.e., modernize the UI, permanently ban those they feel are not following forum guidelines, etc.) :confused:

For others that may be wondering what we are talking about, here's the link again to my Tesla forum post on the topic.

Posted on Reddit: "Bug with hold mode on 2019.36.2.1 - car suddenly reversing while in drive on a downhill incline" | Tesla

So, tried out the new FW today. One strange issue. When I returned home from a drive and parked in my garage, my windshield wipers turned on by themselves. It was bizarre. It wasn’t even raining today so absolutely no moisture on or near windshield. My wipers are set to auto and I had to turn them off. I waited a few minutes and placed them on auto and again it started to wipe the windshield. I haven’t done the scroll button reset. I’ll try that on my next drive. Anyone experiencing this?

When I returned home from a drive and parked in my garage, my windshield wipers turned on by themselves. It was bizarre. It wasn’t even raining today so absolutely no moisture on or near windshield. My wipers are set to auto and I had to turn them off. I waited a few minutes and placed them on auto and again it started to wipe the windshield. I haven’t done the scroll button reset. I’ll try that on my next drive. Anyone experiencing this?

I've also had the wipers kick in on completely dry days a few times. Usually it just lasts a minute and I ignore it. I have no idea why - not even a hint of moisture, condensation, fog, etc. I've seen it in the evening, and I think in the day as well.

• Helpful
Reactions: C141medic
So, tried out the new FW today. One strange issue. When I returned home from a drive and parked in my garage, my windshield wipers turned on by themselves. It was bizarre. It wasn’t even raining today so absolutely no moisture on or near windshield. My wipers are set to auto and I had to turn them off. I waited a few minutes and placed them on auto and again it started to wipe the windshield. I haven’t done the scroll button reset. I’ll try that on my next drive. Anyone experiencing this?
Often happens just as I enter the garage in daytime. I think it's something to do with the drop in brightness.

I noticed that my driving efficiency decreased when using hold. Driving with hold felt like “restrained” or heavy.
I have stats and usually I get around 93-96% driving efficiency with roll setting. Now with hold it dropped to 75% on stats. I have model x LR.
Has anyone experienced this?

Reactions: nojtheta
I noticed that my driving efficiency decreased when using hold. Driving with hold felt like “restrained” or heavy.
I have stats and usually I get around 93-96% driving efficiency with roll setting. Now with hold it dropped to 75% on stats. I have model x LR.

Could be any number of reasons. Has the temperature dropped much where you are in the world? You're the second person I've read in this thread who says their efficiency appears to have dropped. It would take a major screw-up on Tesla's side for this to happen, and given that I've only read two complaints along these lines, my suspicions fall on... other factors contributing to this.

I'm curious how HOLD works on extremely steep hills, like Seattle or San Francisco roads. If it decelerates rapidly while going uphill, does it engage brake hold without sliding backwards. I'm guessing downhill still needs some added brake pedal action.

It does for me (on steep hills in Seattle).
West Seattle, the Best Seattle. :D

The car has AI that detects when you are in Seattle and turns the wipers on 24/7. :)

I'm not convinced of any power boost but I am seeing a marked decline in range. That is rather ge as measured by reported range directly after an 80% charge. I propose they add a toggle to select favor range or power. Any other observations?

I think it's more likely that your range is being affected by the cold snap we're currently experiencing on the East coast of the US rather than the firmware update.

Yup, my wh/mi numbers seem to gone up on my daily commute since the update. I have been mindful of it and trying not to drive any different or accelerate hard. I use hold also. Weather is mild here and not cold (60 deg commute)

Yup, my wh/mi numbers seem to gone up on my daily commute since the update. I have been mindful of it and trying not to drive any different or accelerate hard. I use hold also. Weather is mild here and not cold (60 deg commute)

How are the lows at night? The temperature during your commute doesn't matter as much as how cold the battery is when you leave. Even 50 degrees F is pretty cold by battery standards.

Reactions: MentalNomad