Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.40.2 - FSD AutoSteer Stop Sign Warning and Adjacent Lane Speeds

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The auto lane change improvements will be great. Is anyone experiencing the sudden slow down, when passing trucks, as you come to the front end of the truck, the car regen brakes for a moment, for no reason

I had 2019.40.1.1 and felt the auto lane change was too aggressive. It's very nice in 2019.40.2. It's now smoother than 40.1.1, though slightly slower.

I haven't experienced the braking after a truck explicitly. The braking events seem to be all over the place.

Tesla is having a hard time getting the 40 released.... It's been a while since I have seen such a slow rollout of a version.
Have they ever done simultaneous release of two versions? I (and many others) have been getting 2019.36.X.X updates after 40 started rolling out - I've had two (36.2 and 36.4).

I just purchased in August, so I don't know the history.

Tesla is having a hard time getting the 40 released.... It's been a while since I have seen such a slow rollout of a version.

Well it could be that people are only just now installing it. Not all owners are update fanatics like those of us in this thread.

Also, if it’s buggy they might not want everyone to have it in full. Better to send it out then take samples of the results then tweak and send it out again. Especially with how much it’s going to interact with the driver

Because when you are on autosteer and not actively controlling the car, it *knows* you'll run the light/sign. If it did this all the time it would be super annoying. How would it know you were or were not going to stop? This would quickly lead to lots of positives.

This is similar to when the blind spot collision warning came out and there were those who were upset it didn't ALWAYS warn you when someone was in your blind spot. That would super annoying too - can you imagine it beeping at you every time there was a car next to you when your blinker was on? Similar thing, I think.
Not sure your using the right analogy. My wife's car beeps when you turn on the blinker when a car is next to you or in your blind spot. Doesn't bother me since it's a reminder not to move over. I've gotten to the point it almost never beeps since I'm doing a better job of using my blinkers.

I just had a weird thing happen. Was using TACC on a highway with traffic that was coming to a stop at a red light. While slowing down behind a car at about 20 MPH, a message popped up that said cruise control was disabled and of course I immediately took over braking so as to not hit the car in front of me. The really weird part was that other cars were not being shown on the screen anymore even though I was completely surrounded by other cars. There were no other warning messages of any kind saying the cameras were blinded or anything like that. I drove the car manually like a filthy peasant for about two minutes and everything turned back to normal. Not sure if this is a common thing or just something with this software release.

I have tried two times both day and night to see if the red light warning would activate after the 40.2 SW update. Neither time did the system warn me in any way and yes Autopilot was engaged. I do not have FSD and maybe that's the issue ( new to the car so lots to sort out) but I thought it was thru Autopilot. So just one data point but be careful checking to see if this feature really works.

Reactions: suauk123
I have tried two times both day and night to see if the red light warning would activate after the 40.2 SW update. Neither time did the system warn me in any way and yes Autopilot was engaged. I do not have FSD and maybe that's the issue ( new to the car so lots to sort out) but I thought it was thru Autopilot. So just one data point but be careful checking to see if this feature really works.

The software notes specify that auto steer must be active.

Do you FSD owners with HW3 already have the "stop light warning" feature triggering now? The release notes say stop signs in addition to stop lights. I have FSD with HW2.5 and I certainly don't have the stop light detection on 2019.36.2.4.

Posted in the 36.2.4 thread earlier

M3 + FSD + HW2.5 + 36.2.4

I noticed with EAP + 36.2.4 the car slows down when approaching a stop sign or stop light. There was no car in front of me in both “test cases.” Slowed down from 45 to about 30ish before I hit the brakes to disengage EAP.