Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.40.2 - FSD AutoSteer Stop Sign Warning and Adjacent Lane Speeds

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do not have FSD and it can sway pretty badly but it seems like 40.2.1 may have improved this. Gonna have to drive some more to see for sure.

Were you using auto-steer at the time?

I have EAP, but not FSD. I haven't used auto-steer extensively yet, but so far I haven't noticed the swaying or ping-ponging.

P.S. Good to see recent "graduates" from the eternally waiting section. :)

Reactions: diezel_dave
After some test my car doesn’t sway as mention above....
I’m in Europe so maybe we have better/different lines here as compensation to the different ‘red’ in traffic lights and stops sign since we didn’t get those in 40.2.1 update (even with FSD)

There seems to be some misunderstanding of what the various lane change modes do... They do not change how aggressively it changes lanes, but rather how much speed difference between you and your set speed there is before it changes lanes...

FWIW while that has generally been true- it appears they're toying around with changing that.

https://tesletter.com/images/2019.40.1.1-release-notes.jpg

40.1.1 release notes said:
to further increase the assertiveness of lane changes, select MAD MAX for SPEED BASED LANE CHANGES by tapping Controls> Autopilot > CUSTOMIZE NAVIGATE ON AUTOPILOT

That release only went out to about 3% of the fleet though and they removed this reference in the 40.2.x release that went widespread after that.

FWIW while that has generally been true- it appears they're toying around with changing that.

https://tesletter.com/images/2019.40.1.1-release-notes.jpg

That release only went out to about 3% of the fleet though and they removed this reference in the 40.2.x release that went widespread after that.
I’m aware that Mad Max is more about speed differential that will trigger a NoA lane change attempt. I was trying to provide complete context, as it is likely these settings will affect behavior together at some time.

I’ve noticed street autopilot use has significantly increased. When left lane is 2x the size of normal lane(parking acceptable along curb)car stays offset in lane to the line on the left even though the predicted line on right is at the curb.

I wish they would add toll lanes to NoA...I confirmed a lane change into a fastrak lane (new freeway) and got a ticket in the mail for it! Once I learned what fastrak is, today, even with avoid HOV lanes selected, it kept wanting to go into the toll lanes/hov lanes....

With this new update, it changes lanes very often back and fourth. Annoying. I have my lane changes set to average, always, and my car today was switching to a new lane, then back, new lane, same lane again, with no traffic.

Reactions: ironwaffle
Found another small change in the app with 40.2.1, the widget now shows you what time charging will begin when using the schedule departure.
5CB2099F-4D75-4E29-B4AD-87717B0525D9.jpeg

so anything significant non AP/FSD in this update ?

There was a reddit thread where a guy claimed 40.x fixed his "too slow" message for his USB storage...

Since it's a software issue anyway maybe they fixed that among the bug fixes.

Also the deep rain wiper neural net is new in 40.x and doesn't require AP/FSD (though it obviously uses some of the sensors)

• Informative
Reactions: vickh