Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.40.50.x - Driving Visualization improvements, new voice commands, Camping Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I would have still preferred CarPlay, I am excited that Tesla finally incorporated some kind of text message integration for their cars.

That said, it got me thinking, since we need to “Sync Messages” with the car, I would assume Tesla would then have access to all messages on the phone? I hope there are some updates to their Privacy Policy explicitly stating they will not access, record, or store any/all messages used with this new update.

Roll eyes. You already agreed to all Contacts and Probably your calendar, right?

Just stop texting your favorite cult and you'll be fine ;)

This implementation of txt messaging is already better than CarPlay's which I find awful.
I have CarPlay in my other car. This all around is so much better.

Its in the release notes in the many 40.50.x threads right now. . . . .
OK for some reason I'm stuck at this for the last 2 hours at least. Have tried WiFi and cell but still stuck checking. May head back down and try a reboot. Looks like no 40.50.x before X-mass for me.
IMG_2911.jpeg

I’m also HW 2.5 and I don’t have this, is there a setting I need to enable?
For traffic light and stop sign warnings, there isn't a separate setting to enable, but you do need to have Autopilot + Autosteer active on city streets. There is no setting for cone visualization either, and that's restricted to vehicles with FSD computer. Looks like the new street visualizations are also restricted to FSD computer and have a separate "preview" setting to enable too.

The best way to get the update as fast as possible: Controls/Software updates. This will cause the car to search for updates. You can see the text that indicates this. When found, it will automatically start the download. You can monitor progress with the app. When done downloading, you can then start the update.
I wish there were a way to get it as slow as possible. Maybe put my car is a lead lined garage with no wifi :D

Same here. One time, about a minute after saying “drive home” it worked.
Same here. I tried "open rear camera" when I first got in and that worked but after that I would say something and all it would do is show suggestions. I could tell that it was hearing what I was saying because the volume icon was "throbbing" whenever I spoke but it just couldn't seem to process what I said. I rebooted the screen but that didn't help. As someone said, occasionally it would print out what I said but mostly it just made suggestions.

Same here. I tried "open rear camera" when I first got in and that worked but after that I would say something and all it would do is show suggestions. I could tell that it was hearing what I was saying because the volume icon was "throbbing" whenever I spoke but it just couldn't seem to process what I said. I rebooted the screen but that didn't help. As someone said, occasionally it would print out what I said but mostly it just made suggestions.

Right. It is listening. I'm guessing servers give priority to other commands in its "stack" after the first one. I've noticed when I make the second voice command, there is no response right away, but it appears a minute or two later. Very odd.

Everything working for me except voice dictation back to a text reply. For others, make to enable the new visualizations in the autopilot section and tap the bluetooth icon upper right to sync messages on your phone.

Wild to see stoplights change colors in real time and it even displayed trash cans on the side of the road! Will test later if the lane "ping ponging" is improved (reported by many, but I only noticed a little).

same here... I am not alone.

Anyone else on Android & text via the default Google Messages app? I can send via voice in my car (it sends as an SMS message), but when I get the reply (as a RCS message), the tesla OS reads back HTML code instead of the actual text of the message...