Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.40.50.x - Driving Visualization improvements, new voice commands, Camping Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if this has been posted yet but Carpool lane markings driving visualization (HW3)

slm4mb7pum641.jpg

Carpool lane markings 2019.40.50.1 : TeslaModel3

Is there any news on whether HW2.5 will get any of the visualizations at any point, or will we have to wait until Tesla decides to upgrade us to HW3.0 which I actually think will probably not happen until 2035?

I am guessing for HW2.0 the answer is the latter but maybe for 2.5 we can actually get the updates without an upgrade at some point?

(I posted this in another thread too, apologies)

Elon has already stated" we didnt have time to finish the update for 2.x cars" Everyone thinks HW3 does something special to show the images but it doesnt. All these marking, signs have been displaying in the background on 2.x cars for months now. It will come to 2.x cars soon, unless for some reason Tesla decided to make it only a HW3 feature to try and get the take rate of FSD higher. The amount of ppl who dont realize its just visually different right now is amazing, no car is doing anything different at the moment and hardware 2.x cars are doing the same thing, just not displaying it...yet

I installed the update last night. I got the new games, Twitch, and new voice commands seem to work but the visualizations look the same. No lights, no stop signs, no left turn lanes, just traffic cones.

Also haven't taken time to figure out texting yet but my phone told me Tesla wanted access to the messages.

I installed the update last night. I got the new games, Twitch, and new voice commands seem to work but the visualizations look the same. No lights, no stop signs, no left turn lanes, just traffic cones.

Also haven't taken time to figure out texting yet but my phone told me Tesla wanted access to the messages.

Did you enable the new visualizations under the autopilot menu?

Elon has already stated" we didnt have time to finish the update for 2.x cars" Everyone thinks HW3 does something special to show the images but it doesnt. All these marking, signs have been displaying in the background on 2.x cars for months now. It will come to 2.x cars soon, unless for some reason Tesla decided to make it only a HW3 feature to try and get the take rate of FSD higher. The amount of ppl who dont realize its just visually different right now is amazing, no car is doing anything different at the moment and hardware 2.x cars are doing the same thing, just not displaying it...yet

Would not surprise me if this all comes to HW2.x cars. It’s good advertising for FSD.

Wonder if they have included TAD? Temperature Aware Distance! For us in the colder areas that would be wonderful to have a more accurate distance. Of course, they would get slammed for a drop in mileage but at least it would be closer to the truth. In our area 100% would probably be ~350 Km (~220 miles) or less.

The Bolt takes into account temps with its guess-o-meter.

The Model 3 does the same when you use the energy app. Set it to 30 minute interval and you will get the best range estimator of any EV.

It does take a bit of time to learn all the info the energy graph provides. Once I understood it, it's one of the coolest things about the car, especially if you are interested in how your driving and environment affects range.

Reactions: Arpe and MP3Mike
With this update, there aren’t “commands” per se - it does natural language parsing, so just try stuff.

“Open autopilot settings” “turn the heat on” etc... say what you think something should be an try it!

thx will try. Maybe a better question would be to see what cool voice "stuff" can the new update do. eg. I love the glove box. Didn't see any you tube video other than one about song studio

• Informative
Reactions: ISoGrumpy
While the new visualizations are neat, I've found that AP is driving around on surface streets quite drunkenly now (insert required "yes I know AP isn't designed for city driving" here). On 40.2.1, I was usually pretty impressed but now my car is swerving around all over the place whenever the lane lines move for any reason. 40.2.1 was really good at hugging the center line when the right lane markings were absent. That behavior seems different now. Anyone else seeing anything like this?

Reactions: r1200gs4ok
The Model 3 does the same when you use the energy app. Set it to 30 minute interval and you will get the best range estimator of any EV.
I use 30 mile interval.
Well, it does estimate "SORT OF" but no where near accurate when at cold temperatures. No, 20 f is not cold, 0 f isn't either. -10 f is starting to get cold and -30 f is pretty cold and anything below -40 IS COLD.
The energy app said I would arrive with 21% left after my fourth charge of the day on a long trip at -20 f. I arrived with 1% left, about 2 miles! That is ONLY because I ended up driving at 45 MPH on the interstate and 55 prior. That is not accurate or even sort of accurate. The "Guess - O - Meter in the volt was better, BUT the range in summer was only 65 miles so pretty easy to figure out it was only 41 miles in winter and then the ICE would kick in both before and after.