Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla's won't qualify in any case because more than 200,000 have been sold.
Looks like that part has been removed from the new program.

This is a copy/paste from the link that @novox77 provided above:

PASTE:

We listed all the main changes to the program when it was first announced earlier this year:

• Remove the 200,000 vehicles per manufacturer cap
  • Keep the $7,500 incentive for new electric cars for 5 years
  • Make the $7,500 incentive a point-of-sale discount instead of tax credit
    • EVs with battery pack smaller than 40 kWh are limited to a $4,000 incentive
  • Add an additional $4,500 for EV assembled at union factories
  • Add another $500 for EVs using battery packs with 50% of components (including cells) are made in the US
  • After the first 5 years, the $7,500 becomes only for US-made electric vehicles and it applies for another 5 years.
  • They introduce price limits on the EVs eligible for the incentives:
    • Sedans under $55,000
    • SUVs under $69,000
    • Pickup trucks under $74,000
    • Vans under $54,000
  • They are also introducing caps on income to get access to the incentives, but they are fairly high at an adjusted gross income of up to $400,000 for individuals and up to $800,000 for joint filers.
END PASTE

Looks like that part has been removed from the new program.

This is a copy/paste from the link that @novox77 provided above:

PASTE:

We listed all the main changes to the program when it was first announced earlier this year:

• Remove the 200,000 vehicles per manufacturer cap
  • Keep the $7,500 incentive for new electric cars for 5 years
  • Make the $7,500 incentive a point-of-sale discount instead of tax credit
    • EVs with battery pack smaller than 40 kWh are limited to a $4,000 incentive
  • Add an additional $4,500 for EV assembled at union factories
  • Add another $500 for EVs using battery packs with 50% of components (including cells) are made in the US
  • After the first 5 years, the $7,500 becomes only for US-made electric vehicles and it applies for another 5 years.
  • They introduce price limits on the EVs eligible for the incentives:
    • Sedans under $55,000
    • SUVs under $69,000
    • Pickup trucks under $74,000
    • Vans under $54,000
  • They are also introducing caps on income to get access to the incentives, but they are fairly high at an adjusted gross income of up to $400,000 for individuals and up to $800,000 for joint filers.
END PASTE
You can use this thread for EV Tax Credit discussions.

A lot of construction had recently created or removed whole road sections of an industrial warehouse area (that’s getting gentrified). Thankfully few cars around, but the car had a very hard time figuring out whether to follow navigation route (towards a removed road), or to just miss the turn and reroute. I had to intervene every 30 seconds or even more frequently. FSD beta was pretty much useless there, which is completely different from my typical experience so far.
I had a similar experience with a construction zone. That capability definitely still needs lots of work!

Today I let FSD Beta attempt a teeny tiny traffic circle (at the One Paseo shopping center for the San Diego folks), and that failed. I think it was partly because of the very sharp turning involved.

Basically thats the next bottleneck for Tesla to overcome. Doesn't mean big data isn't important - its just a solved problem for Tesla.

For others it continues to be a problem (or more accurately will be a problem in the future as they chase rarer cases).
Tesla is ahead of the competition with both: massive data collection to feed the machine and the processing / application of the data. I think their approach to expand processing capacity is another example of how the other auto makers will struggle to keep up with Tesla while Tesla stays 5 steps ahead.

Reactions: JeremyJ
Also, does the software register "no right turn" signs? I didn't trust beta not to try and turn right, so disengaged when I got to the intersection.
I can tell you that FSD Beta ignored a rather hard to miss illuminated "no right turn" sign like the one in your photo with me the other day. The sign was the same except closer and therefore easier for the car to see. I had to step on the brake pedal. Also hit the video clip button for feedback to Tesla.

You can use this thread for EV Tax Credit discussions.

I’m actually not interested in that topic, either. Was just answering a question. :)

Reactions: jebinc
.... I've heard the suburban sprawl is insane.
Poster Child.
This is what pisses me off. I see all the Youtube videos of people driving on nice streets that are not too crowded and just right for some "fun" FSD. I can't find that. My only chance is to drive 20 miles early Weekend mornings. Saturday I will head out early to Cumberland for a run and a drive. Not sure how the World Series will effect this though but hope to get 20 miles in the burbs driving. Nerve racking fighting/fearing city FSD.

Reactions: nvx1977
Poster Child.
This is what pisses me off. I see all the Youtube videos of people driving on nice streets that are not too crowded and just right for some "fun" FSD. I can't find that. My only chance is to drive 20 miles early Weekend mornings. Saturday I will head out early to Cumberland for a run and a drive. Not sure how the World Series will effect this though but hope to get 20 miles in the burbs driving. Nerve racking fighting/fearing city FSD.

Agreed. Even those recent “no intervention” videos driving in S.F. Elon recently linked were at 10x speed. If it was a 20 minute drive, let it BE 20 minutes long! Can’t see much at that speed.

Or maybe that’s what they wanted.

Reactions: jebinc and JulienW