Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: impastu
Agreed. Even those recent “no intervention” videos driving in S.F. Elon recently linked were at 10x speed. If it was a 20 minute drive, let it BE 20 minutes long! Can’t see much at that speed.

Or maybe that’s what they wanted.
Okay, here you are: raw 1x speed with sound. If you look closely, you can see him occasionally “intervene” by manually signaling a lane change or cancelling an automatic one using the stalk and also an occasional accelerator press. But, no apparent disengagements. What we don’t know is how many times he might have had to do this before he got a clean zero disengagement run.

ypical disengagements today. Of note though:
I was the first car stopped at a light. When the light went green for the other cars FSD immediately tried to go thru the intersection so I had to break quickly.
Do you mean it was a green light for a different lane and the light for your lane was still red? If so, good to know and watch out for!

Reactions: impastu
I know this thread was sharing bumper-sticker ideas a few days back. Not sure if this one was posted yet, but it's definitely my favorite so far:

5s5ucl.jpg

Yes it was the light for the lanes perpendicular to mine
I was actually sitting at the red light thinking I could see the light for the intersecting streets but figured we were good. Nope.
That is why you hover over the pedal no matter what!
I think my car is possessed since I've also had FSD take a right turn right thru a Stop sign (it was safe).
Google Maps

Steadman Street Intersection.jpg

Anyone know a trick to force check for updates? I got the email Wednesday evening but still have no update in the app or car...

Some things I've tried
  • Force closing app many times
  • Updating app (Android)
  • Rebooting phone
  • Rebooting car (with and without brake)
  • Changing update preference in car from Advanced to Standard and back
  • Hitting "Advanced" 5+ times and holding it

• Funny
Reactions: Bill Price
It’s really random. I just got home, it normally turns left onto my road with NO trouble. Just this time, it tried driving me into a cluster of trees. Probably the first time I tired this turn at night, maybe that’s the issue?? I try having it take me on unmarked “town” streets in the small town I live near, and it nails everything pretty much perfect. Actually, I’d say perfect. Like surprisingly good. I find it struggles on more rural areas.

Drove some unmarked rural roads this evening, max speed it will travel is like 28mph on a road marked at 45. It seems to swerve around a fair bit. Funny thing is, when you over ride AP by pressing the accelerator, it seems to behave MUCH better (stays to the right, near the edge of the road, no swerving). Puzzling.

Interesting corner case: bicycle-shaped traffic lights registering as green lights in visualization. Also, does the software register "no right turn" signs? I didn't trust beta not to try and turn right, so disengaged when I got to the intersection.

View attachment 726800
That your lab in your avatar? Here’s mine:

Attachments

• C7E05BD7-98C7-4456-9FA7-D8338970530A.jpeg
    C7E05BD7-98C7-4456-9FA7-D8338970530A.jpeg
    519.7 KB · Views: 41
Anyone know a trick to force check for updates? I got the email Wednesday evening but still have no update in the app or car...

Some things I've tried
  • Force closing app many times
  • Updating app (Android)
  • Rebooting phone
  • Rebooting car (with and without brake)
  • Changing update preference in car from Advanced to Standard and back
  • Hitting "Advanced" 5+ times and holding it
Apparently the trick was to post on a forum. After trying all day I got the update notification just now!

Anyone have success at 4-way stops where you don’t miss at least 1 turn because FSD beta is too timid, or do people here just drive overly aggressively? Of the few encounters with at least 2 other cars at 4-way stops today I had to use the go pedal at least twice (after 2 other cars from each of the directions of the cross street passed) and take over once (left turn) just to get through in a reasonable amount of time. Really needs to get better at going as soon as the intersection is clearing… instead it seems to panic as soon as the next cars pull up from the left and right, and ends up losing its turn again and again

• Informative
Reactions: impastu and nvx1977