Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 671742
Same specs as you except stock ride height on Bridgestone RE71R. Similar poke out. My wheel is probably turned a little here. I’m only using for AutoX so I’m happy with it, but 265 9.5 +35 (nonP) does seem to be pretty aggressive on the front if you’re not dropped or subtracting camber.
Don't worry guys, lowering/camber will fix everything.

This is our current situation at hand before lowering via KW V3s
265/35 - 19x9.5 +22 on M3P

28201274-B50B-4729-939E-B0049AC40D21.jpg

IMG_1582.jpg

We have the following on hand with zero wait times:
MPP Sport Adjustable Coilovers AND KW V3 Adjustable Coilovers
MPP Front Upper Control Arms
MPP Rear Camber Arms
MPP Rear Toe Arms

Please message if you're not a fan of all the crazy lead times the entire industry is exepriencing.

Danny

Last edited:
Now that I have the aero covers on both sides of the car, I took ~100 miles sample of mixed city / highway of real world driving.
This involves flooring it here and there to get onto freeway on ramps, not babying it at all. Tires are Falken Azenis FK510 235/35/20 & 265/30/20

1623374766980-jpeg.671918
1623374447038-jpeg.671916

So it looks like the covers do add to efficiency after all :)

Danny

Now that I have the aero covers on both sides of the car, I took ~100 miles sample of mixed city / highway of real world driving.
This involves flooring it here and there to get onto freeway on ramps, not babying it at all. Tires are Falken Azenis FK510 235/35/20 & 265/30/20

So it looks like the covers do add to efficiency after all :)

Danny
Hey dude!

These are pretty fantastic, are a set of covers included at the price on your site?

I've been following this thread for some time, when I was a unregistered, then a registered lurker, and now waiting on an M3P with an indicated July 7-27th delivery window.

Woot! :)

FWIW, this thread was one of the [many] factors in me getting serious about a Tesla, like so many cars, the stock wheels are pretty mediocre, but I think the Model 3 benefits even more than some other cars since the design is so minimal - and the stock fitment seems so undersized (I realize much of the design is to optimize range).

I've pretty much done aftermarket wheels/tires on most cars I've owned over the last few decades, so it's SOP for me :) It was funny to see the exact same wheel design on an M3 that I'm running on my Mustang GT convertible (the split 5 spoke that looks like Ford GT wheels), tempting, because I love the style and fitment/sizing

I'm running a 285/35, 305/35 on 20x10 ET35, 20x11 ET50, and it's __perfect__, just short of flush, no clearance issues, zero poke - and that's pretty much what I'm looking for in an M3P fitment, wider setup, staying with a 20", will stick with stock suspension, and I'm OK with a staggered setup, but would go square if it's easier to size. I like the sound of the 235/35/20 & 265/30/20 in your setup just above.

Anyway, looking forward to, well, all of it, the car, the wheels, the no-more-gas-stations :D

(We've got a 4xe, that's about 98% electric use so I'm already spoiled over avoiding gas stations ...)

Hey dude!

These are pretty fantastic, are a set of covers included at the price on your site?

I've been following this thread for some time, when I was a unregistered, then a registered lurker, and now waiting on an M3P with an indicated July 7-27th delivery window.

Woot! :)

FWIW, this thread was one of the [many] factors in me getting serious about a Tesla, like so many cars, the stock wheels are pretty mediocre, but I think the Model 3 benefits even more than some other cars since the design is so minimal - and the stock fitment seems so undersized (I realize much of the design is to optimize range).

I've pretty much done aftermarket wheels/tires on most cars I've owned over the last few decades, so it's SOP for me :) It was funny to see the exact same wheel design on an M3 that I'm running on my Mustang GT convertible (the split 5 spoke that looks like Ford GT wheels), tempting, because I love the style and fitment/sizing

I'm running a 285/35, 305/35 on 20x10 ET35, 20x11 ET50, and it's __perfect__, just short of flush, no clearance issues, zero poke - and that's pretty much what I'm looking for in an M3P fitment, wider setup, staying with a 20", will stick with stock suspension, and I'm OK with a staggered setup, but would go square if it's easier to size. I like the sound of the 235/35/20 & 265/30/20 in your setup just above.

Anyway, looking forward to, well, all of it, the car, the wheels, the no-more-gas-stations :D

(We've got a 4xe, that's about 98% electric use so I'm already spoiled over avoiding gas stations ...)
Hello!
Yes, of course the covers come with these wheels. That's their claim to fame! :D
I even weighed them...
1621483733159-jpeg.664030

You can find more details on our official thread for these wheels:

For M3P, you can get a square 20x9 set, swap over the tires + TPMS and call it a day.
If ultimate range is what you're after, replace with low rolling resistance tires.

If flush fitment is what you're after, then go staggered 20x9 / 20x10.

Don't hesitate to message me if you have any other questions!

Danny

Last edited:
Reactions: MaskedRacerX
Don't hesitate to message me if you have any other questions!

Danny

Thanks! And it appears this is happening way sooner than later, i.e., I ordered on Friday, got my VIN on Sunday, and now have indicated delivery dates of June 14th (today) to June 20th. :oops:

Let me shoot you a PM, start talking, as I don't want to put too many miles on the stock setup.

• Love
Reactions: MODEL+
the wheels in question

vendor thread

Just looking for more real world pics. I found like one picture online that wasn't from the vendor.

Here you go! This is the 20x10 +40 for Model 3 rear.

Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 10.06.38 AM.png

We're a Titan 7 Stockist, so please let me know if you have any other questions.

Danny

Finally got my 19x9.5 +35 wheels! The rear turned out flush, but the front 265/35/19 A/S3+ sidewalls ended up poking out ~7mm. I'm currently on a mild 1 inch drop on MPP coils. -1.1 camber. How much would this tuck in if lowered a bit more?
I’d still like to know the answer to your question as I’m in the same situation. Anyone have camber measurements at different ride heights?

Someone can check my trigonometry below. If we get FUCA that changes stock -1 deg camber to let’s say -3 deg camber, that should suck the top edge of the tire in 11.7mm.
97C7C736-D1E0-4D37-8E0D-51849AC0028C.png

I use the NT03+M (amongst others!) in the same size on my Evo, and the discs are 365mm.

View attachment 673715
Thanks for that.

There's too many sizing variables between aftermarket BBKs, so I can't say for certain.
For those who want to try it... be my guest. 😅

Did you ever mount your NT03s on your M3P? We tested it, and they won't clear the rear brakes radially.
1623793333639.jpeg

Danny

I’ll probably need all 3* of camber to get my 20x9.5 ET35 with 255/35/20’s (27” diameter) inside the top of the front fenders with my M3P & Page Mill rotors (probably need the extra 4mm in the rotor hats to get the tire to clear the knuckle).
You don’t need 3 degrees of camber to fit that size. I’m running less camber and a more aggressive offset and it fits just fine.
79F71BB2-DDF4-49D5-BAD3-C6B81A80105D.jpeg

Reactions: Lindenwood