Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Solutions?! Happened to me also.
3A4EB0F7-4DF7-457C-8555-C85A8D2E7BAB.jpeg

I know it’s a little off topic, but seems like the correct place to ask. I’m expecting delivery of a new 3P with white seats. Is there a protectant or sealant I can apply to help protect the seats from staining.

BTW, I’ve used this company for custom color matched leather dye and very happy with them. They certainly would be my first place to try to get white matched dye.

I bought the products in this video. Not too $$$ and so easy to do yourself. Highly recommend.

I know it’s a little off topic, but seems like the correct place to ask. I’m expecting delivery of a new 3P with white seats. Is there a protectant or sealant I can apply to help protect the seats from staining.

BTW, I’ve used this company for custom color matched leather dye and very happy with them. They certainly would be my first place to try to get white matched dye.

There are many products you can use. I used Gyeon Leather Shield on my M3P white seats as I had great luck with this on my BMW's. I haven't had the car for more than a month but so far so good. Pretty well all the reputable ceramic brands offer a leather protectant these days.

I used a dog seat cover that had anti slip rubber nubs on the bottom, after a week or so if it being in my car it has completely ruined my rear seats. I have tried a UV protectant/cleaner, soap and water, lighter fluid and nothing removes a single bit of it. Any ideas?View attachment 810658

wow, that isn't good at all. Was this the official Tesla pet cover? Currently have black seats but getting white with my new LR 3 and I use the Tesla pet cover.

wow, that isn't good at all. Was this the official Tesla pet cover? Currently have black seats but getting white with my new LR 3 and I use the Tesla pet cover.
I've seen some horror stories about pet covers online. I use the one from Teslarati and I've had no issues with the anti-slip rubber discoloring my white seats, even after leaving it in the car for 2+ months. I did notice some slight discoloration on the sides of the headrests from the straps, but I was able to get almost all of that out, thankfully.

The white seats look amazing but you definitely have to clean them fairly regularly. I usually wipe them down with baby wipes once a week and use cleaner after long trips. I would highly recommend putting some sort of protectant on your seats asap too. I didn't and the bolster of my driver's seat (the left side where your leg rubs when you get in and out) was noticeably discolored after only a month or two. It was pretty disheartening it happened so quick, even after playing it safe and only ever wearing gym shorts or khakis - never jeans. I've tried everything and nothing will get it out. Tesla service center didn't have any luck either.

These white seats seem to hold up much better than I expected. Any marks come off easily with baby wipes. Only marks on mine are the back seats where the seat belts contact the seat at the top corners. Baby wipes haven't been able to remove them but I haven't really tried with other stuff seeing the seatbelt is just going to leave marks again.

I have had issues with my white seats after less than a year of ownership on my Model Y. Noticing quite a bit of jean/sweatpants transfer. I have tried interior detailing sprays, baby wipes, warm water, etc with no luck. I ended up scheduling a service appt with tesla to see if they can clear them up. Has anyone else done this? they say their cant guarantee that they would get stains out which seems a bit extreme especially with the nearly $200 price tag they charge for the service

I have had issues with my white seats after less than a year of ownership on my Model Y. Noticing quite a bit of jean/sweatpants transfer. I have tried interior detailing sprays, baby wipes, warm water, etc with no luck. I ended up scheduling a service appt with tesla to see if they can clear them up. Has anyone else done this? they say their cant guarantee that they would get stains out which seems a bit extreme especially with the nearly $200 price tag they charge for the service

The key to removing dye transfer stains is to use a stronger all purpose cleaner that has a higher pH. I personally like Optimum Power Clean. Here is a video on Youtube in which the guy successfully removed dye transfer using a similar cleaner, Chemical Guys Orange Degreaser.

I suggest you first try the cleaner diluted according to the directions. If that doesn't work, then you can lower the dilution ratio to make it even stronger.

Another key is to spray it on and let it dwell on the stain for 1-3 minutes before you buff it off with a microfiber towel.

It’s so strange how some people can’t remove transfer stains. Variations in the quality of the fake leather? Im not kidding in that I removed some blue ink marks with nothing more than a baby wipe. I did apply a layer of Gyeon Leather Shield so maybe that’s the difference?

I took delivery Sept 4th, and noticed pretty quickly my jeans dye transferred and also saw creases forming. That left door side in particular has a big crease, and I dont understand why, based on how I sit normally in the car. Anyone have ideas on how to get creases out? Almost thought about seeing if Tesla would replace it. Can take a picture if needed.

Do you wash your jeans often? If you don't you probably should wash them if you are getting a lot of dye transfer. I wear jeans nearly exclusively and don't have dye transfer issues. I'm surprised you are getting a crease in the seats so early as the seat cover material is pretty pliable and soft unlike leather that typically shows creases.