Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: V 2019.40.1.1 170kW charging, Neural Net for Auto Wipers, Auto Lane Change quicker

Did you get 2019.40 or higher?

• Yes

Votes: 152 30.1%
  • No

Votes: 353 69.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was one of he lucky (unlucky?) ones to receive this earlier in the week. No issues to report, but there must be some as the release seems to have stalled. :confused:o_O

Well yes you are indeed lucky that this rev even worked. While some are having success, there are quite a few people on various models that can't get this .40 rev to even install. If it starts, then it will hang and never complete. Often hanging at around 60% to 70% and your phone app will indicate that. The problem is that you will lose autopilot abilities at all levels ( and sometimes sentry functions) until the problem is corrected. The only way to get the display to come out of the dark installing mode is to do a hard reset (press brake and double scroll reset for several seconds. You have to do the process TWICE (let it complete and then do it again. Even though you will get the maps and other functions back on the display, you still won't be able to use AP until you contact support to remotely correct the problem.

As said, yes, there are many people able to install with no problems, but if I were you, I would just ignore this update when it wants to install until Tesla fixes it. Just my one mouse opinion.

I will say, this one did take longer than usual, and I initially thought something was wrong as it stayed on 60% for a while. Said ~25 min like always, but it was more like 40 min. I wasn't in a hurry to go anywhere on Thanksgiving as family was over, so I let it install. The file looked to be closer to 500MB. The one prior to it about 375MB.

Didn't notice too much of a difference on the wipers, but the lane change is fantastic! Got to flex it a bit to and from work today. So much better!! Where I had some trouble before, it worked just fine today (one on ramp and a double lane exit). Got over fast on both.

I will say, this one did take longer than usual, and I initially thought something was wrong as it stayed on 60% for a while. Said ~25 min like always, but it was more like 40 min. I wasn't in a hurry to go anywhere on Thanksgiving as family was over, so I let it install. The file looked to be closer to 500MB. The one prior to it about 375MB.

Didn't notice too much of a difference on the wipers, but the lane change is fantastic! Got to flex it a bit to and from work today. So much better!! Where I had some trouble before, it worked just fine today (one on ramp and a double lane exit). Got over fast on both.
Hey all. Newbie question here. Just actually took delivery today off my SR+ FSD and software is on 2019.35.102. 2 questions. 1. Have I not even received the 5% boost yet and 2. Hope long sure it usually take to get the latest update. I did already turn on advanced. Thank you

I got 40.1.1 in the first wave. Impressions so far:
  • Auto wipers: Great during light rain in the daytime so far. We haven't had heavy drizzle here in Western WA for a while, which is where the auto wipers used to really suck. Waiting for more rain to test this further. Good to know we can flag improvement scenarios for Deep Rain with a push of a button now.
  • Lane changes on AP: Silky smooth, and definitely more assertive than before. I still have not tried NOA yet.
  • AP regression: This seems like one of these releases where AP generally improved as a whole, but it feels really loose within a lane now. It can't seem to decide on a good place to stay within a lane now. Two steps forward, one step back.
  • Backup cam: I haven't had the backup cam delay since the update! I used to get the long screen delay on backup very frequently on 32.1.1.
  • Gore point swerve improvement: You know the old issue. AP on, cruising in the right lane on the freeway. Approach an onramp where the lane suddenly widens (where there are no dotted stripes dividing the main lane, and the onramp lane), and the car does The Swerve. After the update to 40.1.1, the car handles these better. At low speeds in traffic, the car now does a nice job of tracking behind the car in front, and minimizing swerve. I haven't had the chance to test this at higher speeds yet, which is where the swerve used to be rather embarrassing.