Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Max Battery Power Missing - Firmware 2019.8.3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Ryan Autry

2020 Model S Performance
Mar 23, 2019
California
"Anyone else with a Performance model missing Max Battery Power after the latest firmware update?

The Ludicrous+ tab is there, however Max Battery Power is not displayed and the fans don't come on at all. Launch Mode also doesn't work.

They have changed the location of Max Battery Power. It now shows as Ludicrous+ (You can see that in my screenshot). The issue is it does not show the battery heating which means it is not in Max Battery Power mode. Launch Mode doesn't work either.

The Service Center pushed 8.4 to my car and it did not fix this. I have an appointment this coming Monday to take it in so I guess I will have to wait until then for them to look at it.

"

A member on the Tesla forums is having the same issue that I am. After the newest update, we're missing the "Max Battery Power" option.

Our screens with the missing Max Battery Power
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/B...tIzE6qWa-VBAFF54FSjCf96Imd3I7A44=w546-h969-no

Someone elses screen with it showing.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/B...XuNradBTo_elZLy8r3pg-hNkbLbNkjd4hIIX4=s969-no

• Informative
Reactions: jerjozwik
"Anyone else with a Performance model missing Max Battery Power after the latest firmware update?

The Ludicrous+ tab is there, however Max Battery Power is not displayed and the fans don't come on at all. Launch Mode also doesn't work.

They have changed the location of Max Battery Power. It now shows as Ludicrous+ (You can see that in my screenshot). The issue is it does not show the battery heating which means it is not in Max Battery Power mode. Launch Mode doesn't work either.

The Service Center pushed 8.4 to my car and it did not fix this. I have an appointment this coming Monday to take it in so I guess I will have to wait until then for them to look at it.

Got 2019.8.4 yesterday. Drive options are [CHILL] [STANDARD] [LUDICROUS] and [LUDICROUS+]. When I choose ludicrous+, the max battery power sub screen comes up where you can choose max battery, or close that window. If you don't show that sub screen option when you choose [LUDICROUS+], either something is wrong or you're holding your mouth wrong. :cool:

Got 2019.8.4 yesterday. Drive options are [CHILL] [STANDARD] [LUDICROUS] and [LUDICROUS+]. When I choose ludicrous+, the max battery power sub screen comes up where you can choose max battery, or close that window. If you don't show that sub screen option when you choose [LUDICROUS+], either something is wrong or you're holding your mouth wrong. :cool:
Unfortunately, I’m not getting a sub screen of any kind when I select the Ludicrous+ option.

I really wish you could see what version they are about to push to the car. I've had the update nag for a few days now, I have not allowed it to update because I don't want 2019.8.3 and the half working L+ mode, not sure I even want 2019.8.4 either but it's kind of silly it's a lucky dip when you allow the update to proceed.