Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Max Battery Power Missing - Firmware 2019.8.3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And he specifically said he was wondering about general degradation.
And he is staging super deep.
And he said he would take it to a service center.
And it is a p100dl that never had a mbp button like p85 and 90.

So.... where's the specific evidence that the software bug that removed the battery heater switch also caused a power loss?

So.... where's the specific evidence that the software bug that removed the battery heater switch also caused a power loss?

Mark, your responses are very argumentative. There's very clear indication that there is some kind of issue here based on the fairly significant results we're seeing across the community. Why don't you put your energy into helping people vs trying so hard to call bullsh*t on every post?

• Funny
Reactions: bhzmark
Mark, your responses are very argumentative. There's very clear indication that there is some kind of issue here based on the fairly significant results we're seeing across the community. Why don't you put your energy into helping people vs trying so hard to call bullsh*t on every post?
Everything I've seen (by behavior and by actions of the various firmwares on various cars) has pointed to this just being a UI bug that prevents max battery power / launch mode from being enabled on 85/90 cars that had such a mode. 100 cars don't appear to be impacted, and shouldn't be since those cars are configured differently (they actually have Ludicrous+, different pack config, etc). Re: the dragtimes stuff, the car is now a tad slower, but it also now has the interior installed (it wasn't before).

Reactions: bhzmark

Why do I get the feeling you are just trying to start drama? Many owners here, including me, notice a significant decrease in power. The decrease in power is what lead me to initially research the issue, which lead me to these forums. That is all the "evidence" you need.

The "seat of your pants meter" can be skewed at times and will almost always reflect a user's confirmation bias.

What can't be skewed is the fact that the battery warming no longer exists under any option and launch mode no longer exists. Tesla released an official statement apologizing for breaking said software features customers paid for and have expected of their cars for years now.

I'm not really sure where the debate over what people "feel" is even necessary.

The "seat of your pants meter" can be skewed at times and will almost always reflect a user's confirmation bias.

What can't be skewed is the fact that the battery warming no longer exists under any option and launch mode no longer exists. Tesla released an official statement apologizing for breaking said software features customers paid for and have expected of their cars for years now.

I'm not really sure where the debate over what people "feel" is even necessary.

My point was, I had ZERO idea that an update could limit power, yet the first thing I noticed after the "bugged" firmware update was lack of power. To clarify, I did not update my car and then check to see if anything changed. I updated my car and went on my commute, only to immediately notice a power deficit. It was only then that I found this thread, and realized it was the firmware update.

Funny that some people are offended by simple polite requests to show evidence of their allegations. And instead of showing the evidence they pollute the forum with nonsense.

This guy when looking for real evidence and realized that there was no power loss: What's your P85D power after X miles?

I did so and realized there was no power loss: What's your P85D power after X miles?

Post time slips, Dragy results, powertools or teslalog power data, etc. -- Or it didn't happen.

My public dragy results show the update didnt limit the power. The battery heater is disabled. That is all. When they fix it your power won't go up because of a software limit, if it goes up at all it will only be because now you can enable the battery heater and you didnt otherwise heat your battery.

• Love
Reactions: sorka
Funny that some people are offended by simple polite requests to show evidence of their allegations. And instead of showing the evidence they pollute the forum with nonsense.

This guy when looking for real evidence and realized that there was no power loss: What's your P85D power after X miles?

I did so and realized there was no power loss: What's your P85D power after X miles?

Post time slips, Dragy results, powertools or teslalog power data, etc. -- Or it didn't happen.

My public dragy results show the update didnt limit the power. The battery heater is disabled. That is all. When they fix it your power won't go up because of a software limit, if it goes up at all it will only be because now you can enable the battery heater and you didnt otherwise heat your battery.
There already have been posts showing dragy times off in both 0-60 and 1/4 mile times, yet when those were posted, you then stated road conditions, temperatures, etc. were the reason so I'm unsure what kind of proof you'll be satisfied with. There was also a post showing powertools output with a drop in 13 KW on a P85D.

The most recent and very telling result is from TeslaRacingChannel where he has bone stock 1/8th mile runs of 6.8@101mph in his P100D (with full interior) cutting 1.6 60' and now only able to get 7.1 @99mph with a 1.7 60'. I highly doubt this is due to battery/motor deg but I guess it's plausible. Timing of this drop in performance is too coincidental and I don't think can be ignored. Most people are commenting that the car is not launching as hard as it has been which is shown in these numbers too.

And how did the software power limit you are wringing your hands about still allow me and others to have times and power identical to pre-update times and power?

There already have been posts showing dragy times off in both 0-60 and 1/4 mile times, yet when those were posted, you then stated road conditions, temperatures, etc. were the reason so I'm unsure what kind of proof you'll be satisfied with. There was also a post showing powertools output with a drop in 13 KW on a P85D.

The most recent and very telling result is from TeslaRacingChannel where he has bone stock 1/8th mile runs of 6.8@101mph in his P100D (with full interior) cutting 1.6 60' and now only able to get 7.1 @99mph with a 1.7 60'. I highly doubt this is due to battery/motor deg but I guess it's plausible. Timing of this drop in performance is too coincidental and I don't think can be ignored. Most people are commenting that the car is not launching as hard as it has been which is shown in these numbers too.

Last edited:

If Tesla Service Centers are admitting that loss of features and power in these cars is real; why don’t you believe it?

Reactions: Canuck9000
Maybe your car has been down on power since day 1. I think we call those Monday or Friday cars.
I have the fastest quarter mile time slip photo on dragtimes. And the seventh and eighth fastest time for all Teslas, and the fastest for P85DLs on Dragy for the 1/8 mile. But you have to actually read and comprehend my posts to understand that.

You have no idea what you are talking about and don’t even bother to read the posts you are responding too. You are just too stupid for me to further waste my time with. Join my ignore list.

Because they didn’t. They only admitted the MBP button is gone which prevents using the battery heater to heat the battery. Why don’t you understand this?

Because they literally told me otherwise?

In addition to that, max battery is gone, launch control is gone, and my PowerTools output is down.

You must have one magic car.

I have the fastest quarter mile time slip photo on dragtimes. And the seventh and eighth fastest time for all Teslas, and the fastest for P85DLs on Dragy for the 1/8 mile. But you have to actually read and comprehend my posts to understand that.

You have no idea what you are talking about and don’t even bother to read the posts you are responding too. You are just too stupid for me to further waste my time with. Join my ignore list.
Eighth and Ninth in the 8th.

Because they literally told me otherwise?

In addition to that, max battery is gone, launch control is gone, and my PowerTools output is down.

You must have one magic car.

I just have real data. It’s on Dragy: identical 1/8 mile times before and after the update and those times are the fastest 1/8 mile times for any P85DL on Dragy, just off the my 1/8 mile time in my 11.3 quarter mile. And the 1/8 miles were with <90 SOC and merely warm (not hot) battery so consistent with my best ever times which are fast for a P85DL.

That’s just real data. No one else is posting real data with reliable before and after comparisons — oh except the other long time poster who regularly goes to the track and confirmed that he didn’t lose power either. What's your P85D power after X miles?

Last edited:
Seeing as Mark is being a child and ignored me, he won't see this, but I'm not sure what other evidence is needed. This is the same P100D, same driver, full interior. That's a pretty big difference if you ask me. Driver even comments after the recent runs that the car feels down on power. These guys race these cars every day. Trust me, if they "feel" it's down on power, it probably is.

upload_2019-5-14_20-45-32.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-5-14_20-43-53.png
    upload_2019-5-14_20-43-53.png
    510.9 KB · Views: 52
  • Informative
Reactions: UkrHog
Seeing as Mark is being a child and ignored me, he won't see this, but I'm not sure what other evidence is needed. This is the same P100D, same driver, full interior. That's a pretty big difference if you ask me. Driver even comments after the recent runs that the car feels down on power. These guys race these cars every day. Trust me, if they "feel" it's down on power, it probably is.

View attachment 407754
This is a P100D slip? This is close to a P90DL v1 time. I would be pissed.