Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Max Battery Power Missing - Firmware 2019.8.3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Youtuber “Tesla Racing Channel” seems to have issues with his P100D while running it at the track. 1/4 times unexpectedly down when he’s always run consistently. Hmmmm. You are not the only one. But Tesla will come through.....i hope!
Yeah something isn't right is it, someone else posting in here with a P100D running low 11's, Tesla Racing Channel only able to manage low 11's on a prepared drag strip when the same cars have run high 10's before (consistently).

But who would know, it's not like they ever list software changes and bug fixes using any reasonable reporting system.

Reactions: UkrHog and croman
Yeah something isn't right is it, someone else posting in here with a P100D running low 11's, Tesla Racing Channel only able to manage low 11's on a prepared drag strip when the same cars have run high 10's before (consistently).

But who would know, it's not like they ever list software changes and bug fixes using any reasonable reporting system.

I saw he got at 10.5, at least once. (on old firmware)

• Disagree
Reactions: UkrHog
Here is the response I received from Tesla Customer Service after lodging a complaint

“After reviewing your vehicle details, this looks to be caused by a known software error with certain vehicles. Our developer team is currently investigating this issue and it should be resolved in a future software update.”

So I expect them to sort it out...but the question is when.

If the Tesla policy is no downgrades, and engineering turns them in to HR for breaking the policy... I'm pretty sure engineering controls what the service people can/cannot do. (At least as far as software.)

Just like it has been reported that some service people have been fired for helping @Btr_ftw with his salvage vehicles against Tesla policies. How do you think they would have gotten turned in? Probably engineering going through logs.

If those are the types of things the engineering team at Tesla is doing they they are the ones who need to be fired.

guys?
Your complaining about a missing button?
Haven't you guys notice tesla has removed a lot of power the first few meters in the P100D? My P85D is more brutal the first meters (not as brutal as the first couple of firmwares, but a lot better then the 100).
Tesla probably do this to save the drive unit.
But a Nissan leaf has better "throttle response".. And older P85D handle it's fine..
More people must have noticed this compare to older Performance models?

guys?
Haven't you guys notice tesla has removed a lot of power the first few meters in the P100D? My P85D is more brutal the first meters (not as brutal as the first couple of firmwares, but a lot better then the 100).
But a Nissan leaf has better "throttle response".. And older P85D handle it's fine..
No? Start a thread about it?

guys?

Not entirely. We are complaining about missing performance (from having a button which doesn't do what it should - even though you can heat the battery in other ways) and launch control. These are features that we are suppose to have. There is an issue and Tesla have confirmed.

I find it odd some people are all over how great Tesla are. My first upgrade has downgraded my car. Unless you demand quality you contribute to its demise.

James

Reactions: P100D_Me
guys?

It's more than a missing button. Its 12% less output. When you spend twice as much for insurance and 30k extra to have a performance model and those key features are missing it's very disappointing. Its crazy that its been going on this long without a update.

It's more than a missing button. Its 12% less output. When you spend twice as much for insurance and 30k extra to have a performance model and those key features are missing it's very disappointing. Its crazy that its been going on this long without a update.

What is your specific evidence for 12% less.output? And which model?

I bought a 2016 refresh P90DL last week and made the mistake of updating it last night. 10% less total output 510kw with L+ compared to 550-560kw with max battery. No launch mode. Also, there is no way to see your battery temperature or if it's ready. Also, EE starfeild does nothing. Who knew your car could lose 100hp in a week! 2.6sec 0-60 is impossible.. I'm very disappointed

What is the specific evidence for the above claims? What were the conditions under which you tested? SOC ambient temp? battery otherwise heated? recently supercharged. Have you replicated the test? etc.

That's what I meant when I said what is specific evidence. Sorry some are confused by common sense requests.

View attachment 407371 Text from Service advisor after hearing about the issue. Take with a grain of salt but it looks like it’s supposed to be fixed in 2019.16.1. I’m not too optimistic about being able to rollback the firmware though.
They will likely not be able to roll back to 2018.50.6 due to the way downgrades work, however, they should be able to roll back to 2019.4.2 (which is also not impacted by the bug).