Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Max Power vs State of Charge and Temp

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No.....but you should take into account rounding errors in Power Tools. If you want better accuracy, use something with a higher refresh rate than 4 times a sec.
Thanks for the info... with that refresh rate it does make for inaccuracies. Though I would expect any 0-60 time not at a drag strip would need to be adjusted when compared to drag strip times, in regarding the one foot rollout?

drag strips don't give you 0-60mph times. That's why the one foot rollout, which duplicates the drag strip shallow staging effect, has never made any sense for 0-60 mph times to me.

It seems like just an excuse to cut some time off.

drag strips don't give you 0-60mph times. That's why the one foot rollout, which duplicates the drag strip shallow staging effect, has never made any sense for 0-60 mph times to me.

It seems like just an excuse to cut some time off.

I must say that of all the auto centric sites and internet groups I've had the privilege of being a part of, and I'm talking since the days of 1200 baud, not one has made a bigger deal of 1ft rollout than has this one.

But then again, not one has made a bigger deal of 0-60 times than this one. A metric which is becoming less and less significant since no one actually races to 60 mph.

With 2.20.45 on a dec 2014 p85dl I maxed out at 456kw at 100%SOC max power on, and addl heat to batt from getting on it. Tesla SC just updated the firmware to something else today and when I get car back I'll see if it changed.

was hoping/wishing the new firmware found some more kw for the P85DL but just upgraded to 24.102 and got 451kw at 92-88% SOC max battery ready multiple times I cldn't get numbers for 100% SOC but this is inline with 456 at 100% SOC.

upload_2016-7-10_22-53-10.png

upload_2016-7-10_22-55-51.png

OK, so here is a chance to actually confirm this potential higher output for ANYONE in the general territory of SACRAMENTO, CA.

17 August, Wednesday Sacramento Raceway GATHERING

Come out and join in with others in the Tesla and broader EV community as we congregate at Sacramento Raceway for their Wednesday "Time and Tune" sessions allowing any car to take as many runs as they want and get full printed feedback on performance down to the thousands of a second for the paltry fee of $20 for the car and driver and ride alongs pay $8 as spectators.

Any Tesla driver needs a decent helmet, but a quality motorcycle helmet usually suffices and approved helmets CAN BE RENTED on site. Any Tesla with LUDICROUS upgrade will be expected to have the driver in a fireproof jacket, but if you cannot borrow or otherwise get one of those.....Sacramento Electric Vehicle Association (SacEV) will have a few on "rental loan" for a $5 donation to our local chapter.

We would LOVE to see ALL versions of the powertrain options tested here under comparable conditions: S60, S85, P85, S70, S75D, etc. Let's see those new Model X show up and "strut their stuff" as well.

Let's see if we can CONFIRM 10.9 seconds for the P90DL and what the similar powered Model X can do as well. Sacramento Raceway is the site of the currently FASTEST CONFIRMED P90DL at 11.22 seconds back around March of this year. That car WiLL BE back for 17 August, but let's see OTHERS show as well.

Generally we leave by 7 pm or so and then adjourn to a pizza place on the way back into Sacramento for "debriefing" and recharging. There is the Folsom SUPERCHARGER venue only about 12 miles from the Sacramento Raceway, so it is easy to go by there and fully charge before arriving at the Raceway.

Sacramento Raceway
5305 Excelsior Rd, Sacramento, CA 95827

RSVP to: George Parrott, Sacramento Electric Vehicle Association
gparrott at csus dot edu

Not sure we care about the 90D, but maybe as a point of reference. I have teslalog.com, but not Power Tools:

March 2016 S90D [classic front] with 2.28.19
73 SoC = 362 kW
72 SoC = 360 kW
70 SoC = 360 kW
68 SoC = 359 kW
66 SoC = 358 kW

I pulled this data after 5 runs at my local drag strip. Teslalog.com doesn't have pack temp that I can see, but if there is something else that can provide more logging, I can use it next time I go out there.

Not sure we care about the 90D, but maybe as a point of reference. I have teslalog.com, but not Power Tools:

March 2016 S90D [classic front] with 2.28.19
73 SoC = 362 kW
72 SoC = 360 kW
70 SoC = 360 kW
68 SoC = 359 kW
66 SoC = 358 kW

I pulled this data after 5 runs at my local drag strip. Teslalog.com doesn't have pack temp that I can see, but if there is something else that can provide more logging, I can use it next time I go out there.

Interesting. And what were the times?

I have the jump seats, which I left in, and the panels. A/C was off, Air Suspension was normal, mirrors were not tucked in. Also, all the weight of the pano. Not sure what else matters, it was the day after the full moon? :)

73 SoC = 362kW = 12.652
72 SoC = 360kW = 12.366
70 SoC = 360kW = 12.439
68 SoC = 359kW = 12.488
66 SoC = 358kW = 12.407

Reactions: nico180
Here are some number from my P85DL:

455kW @ 100% SoC, Max Battery Power = ON but 10 min to ready
438kW @ 100% SoC, Max Battery Power = OFF
427kW @ 90% SoC, Max Battery Power = OFF

Update: I ran some more numbers and got the below.

Max Battery Power ON:
455kW @ 100%
453kW @ 95%
449kW @ 92%
445kW @ 90%

Max Battery Power OFF:
438kW @ 100%
435kW @ 95%
427kW @ 90%

@Old Man Mike ars you still updating your graphs?
If so, could you please add my data to see how it fares? Thanks!

• Informative
Reactions: bhzmark
Update: I ran some more numbers and got the below.

Max Battery Power ON:
455kW @ 100%
453kW @ 95%
449kW @ 92%
445kW @ 90%

Max Battery Power OFF:
438kW @ 100%
435kW @ 95%
427kW @ 90%

@Old Man Mike ars you still updating your graphs?
If so, could you please add my data to see how it fares? Thanks!

Hi Marc,
As you can see from the previously posted graph, your Max Batt Power ON data falls just under the P85L line. Since there are higher data points (only the highest reported points are on the graph), I did not include them. However, I have very little data for Max Battery Power OFF (but battery at temp) so will use your data to provide a dotted line showing the data. I really wish I could get someone with the new 500+ Kw Version 2 battery to post additional Max Battery Power OFF data. I've been waiting for that data before updating the graph.

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Marc,
As you can see from the previously posted graph, your Max Batt Power ON data falls just under the P85L line. Since there are higher data points (only the highest reported points are on the graph), I did not include them. However, I have very little data for Max Battery Power OFF (but battery at temp) so will use your data to provide a dotted line showing the data. I really wish I could get someone with the new 500+ Kw Version 2 battery to post additional Max Battery Power OFF data. I've been waiting for that data before updating the graph.

Thanks,
Mike

Ok cool, thanks Mike!

BTW, and sorry if this is slightly OT, but: is there a table where battery pack numbers are being tracked versus power output and FW versions?

It just seems from other threads (namely the "new battery makes 662hp" one) in that some confusion is arising as to which packs can produce a given power level and on what FW...

BTW, and sorry if this is slightly OT, but: is there a table where battery pack numbers are being tracked versus power output and FW versions?

It just seems from other threads (namely the "new battery makes 662hp" one) in that some confusion is arising as to which packs can produce a given power level and on what FW...

Yep its floating around, here's the link...Tesla Model S P85/90D(L) Comparisons (Responses)