Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

May AWD/Performance Orders -- VIN / Status Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Holy crap we have a VIN. :p
Reserved: 3/31/16 at Raleigh, NC. Was about 100 people deep in the line, and I'm also a current owner.
Ordered: 5/31/18 (As soon as the invitation showed up)
Estimated Delivery on Site: Sep.'18 - Nov.'18
Received VIN Email: 8/3/18
Scheduled Delivery Date from VIN Email: 8/26/18

Long Range, AWD, Non-Performance, Red, 19" Sport Wheels, Premium Black Interior, EAP

Holy crap we have a VIN. :p
Reserved: 3/31/16 at Raleigh, NC. Was about 100 people deep in the line, and I'm also a current owner.
Ordered: 5/31/18 (As soon as the invitation showed up)
Estimated Delivery on Site: Sep.'18 - Nov.'18
Received VIN Email: 8/3/18
Scheduled Delivery Date from VIN Email: 8/26/18

Long Range, AWD, Non-Performance, Red, 19" Sport Wheels, Premium Black Interior, EAP

Congrats, this is the first red + 19s AWD VIN I've seen assigned!

Reactions: jimmyz80

Attachments

• Vin_080318.PNG
    Vin_080318.PNG
    63.9 KB · Views: 101
Reactions: Snow Drift
FWIW, I believe this chart will live-update as the spreadsheet changes. At the time of post, it's showing 15 reported VINs with 18" wheels (presumtively P-), all with black seats, and 14 reported VINs with 20" wheels (presumptively P+), all with white seats.

pubchart

(YMMV due to caching, etc., but I think it will work.)

There is a "Vin" property though. Mine is null. Maybe that's only populated once you have a VIN assigned and is supposed to be shown on the page?
That VIN property exists in the previous version. And it was displayed as null even when the encodedVIN contains a value. This leads me to believe that VIN property is used only when Tesla want to “unhide” the vin. Which at that point it will be prominently displayed next to your reservation number.

Have any non-first day reservation holders have a delivery date for August?

Maybe Tesla is producing the most popular color/trim/etc combos (which explains why they don’t want to tell us our vin since it could change instantly) and then handing them out in order of reservation date. Just a thought.

Maybe Tesla is producing the most popular color/trim/etc combos (which explains why they don’t want to tell us our vin since it could change instantly) and then handing them out in order of reservation date. Just a thought.

Others have said/speculated this and based on our experience, absolutely ... if you order what they are making the most of, you'll see it sooner...

HEY ALL! Every now and then I try to log into the Tesla app for fun (don't judge ;P) and it says "There are no vehicles linked to this account." *Eye roll*.

BUT TODAY IS DIFFERENT! I was able to log in! Now it's showing me video clips about the Model 3 and my Loot box with my referral code! Does this happen to a bunch of other people? If not, this might be a way to find out if there is a vin attached to your account. If yes, then I can go back to my fetal position.

Last edited: