Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU fails for the second time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think after 3-4 years they will upgrade to mcu2 free. Much like the 4g upgrade. They can only repair so many mcu1 boards.

As the retired gen. mgr. of all General Electric development BEV cars & 25,000 sold Elec-Trak tractors, it 's hard to believe
the ineptitude of Tesla on this issue. My 2013 model S 85- 56,000 miles has been impounded
at the Tucson Tesla service center for over 2 weeks w'o any explanation why and absolutely NO
promised replys as to why. it ws diagnosed the same day of my scheduled appt. early on 8/17/20, emailed me a quote of $900 to replace dead touch screen, which i authorized immediately.
Since then NO communication of any type from them, despite my 3 calls with promised replys totally ignored by the Tesla SC or any other one from Tesla.

I guess the next step has to inform the media that buying Tesla stock would be a mistake
when the Co. is trying to mask a MAJOR DEFECT in their premier car.I
I loved the car, but not the Co.
Bruce Laumeister
i

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
As the retired gen. mgr. of all General Electric development BEV cars & 25,000 sold Elec-Trak tractors, it 's hard to believe
the ineptitude of Tesla on this issue. My 2013 model S 85- 56,000 miles has been impounded
at the Tucson Tesla service center for over 2 weeks w'o any explanation why and absolutely NO
promised replys as to why. it ws diagnosed the same day of my scheduled appt. early on 8/17/20, emailed me a quote of $900 to replace dead touch screen, which i authorized immediately.
Since then NO communication of any type from them, despite my 3 calls with promised replys totally ignored by the Tesla SC or any other one from Tesla.

I guess the next step has to inform the media that buying Tesla stock would be a mistake
when the Co. is trying to mask a MAJOR DEFECT in their premier car.I
I loved the car, but not the Co.
Bruce Laumeister
i

I wouldn't mind a NHTSA ruling against them. Hit the stock and elon where it hurts. You better believe if this happened to model 3 they would recall and fix it

Reactions: FlatSix911