Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU1 S Owners: Logic FOR/AGAINST Tesla's $2,500 "Infotainment Upgrade"? (Not required for FSD)

MCU1 Owners - Will you opt for the $2,500 Infotainment Upgrade?

• I DO have the FSD package but will NOT opt for the Infotainment Upgrade.

• I DO have the FSD package and WILL opt for the Infotainment Upgrade.

• I do NOT have the FSD package and will NOT opt for the Infotainment Upgrade.

• I do NOT have, nor am planning to buy, the FSD package but I WILL opt for the Infotainment Upgrade.

• I do NOT have the FSD package and WILL opt for BOTH the Infotainment Upgrade and the FSD Upgrade.

• I prefer to KEEP my MCU1, even if it means replacing it with another MCU1.

• I DO have FSD BUT would only opt for the Infotainment Upgrade if my existing MCU1 broke.

• I do NOT have FSD BUT would only opt for the Infotainment Upgrade if my existing MCU1 broke.

• I own a S/X with MCU1 but NONE of these are applicable to me...I just want to see the results.

• I don't own a S/X with MCU1 so NONE of these are applicable to me...I just want to see the results.

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you give more detail about the rear-camera? I have the 3rd gen rear camera (looks fish-eye-ee) with MCUv1 and I found that it was a slightly better picture with better night-vision. But are you saying MCUv2 screws up the image or doesn't look right with the older camera?
It doesn't matter what camera you have, the image darkness is inherent to MCU2.

And I've said this a bunch of times, but once again, it's only darker at night. During the daytime its functionally identical. It must have something to do with the post-processing on the image done inside the MCU2 hardware.

It doesn't matter what camera you have, the image darkness is inherent to MCU2.

And I've said this a bunch of times, but once again, it's only darker at night. During the daytime its functionally identical. It must have something to do with the post-processing on the image done inside the MCU2 hardware.

I posted above earlier in the thread also saying that I found the upgrade MCU2 image slightly darker at night than my prior MCU1 image. But I just drove at dusk and my image was very bright. So unless am I wrong, they may have updated some settings to get it back to MCU1 brightness in firmware 2020.32.3 that I am now on.

• Informative
Reactions: Fiver
I posted above earlier in the thread also saying that I found the upgrade MCU2 image slightly darker at night than my prior MCU1 image. But I just drove at dusk and my image was very bright. So unless am I wrong, they may have updated some settings to get it back to MCU1 brightness in firmware 2020.32.3 that I am now on.
Hmm! I'm on the same firmware but haven't driven after dark in awhile so I'll have to go for an evening drive tonight to see if there is any improvement. Thx for the heads up.

Reactions: Robotpedlr